Victory Whippers & Spinners

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

What I've seen done and have done was either unclip after clipping the anchors or take the whip the next time I climb. On Mercy, I took the whip before I sent, and wes landed me somewhere near the 4th bolt. :evil:
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

HO! I AM NEVER WRONG! :wink:
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

As far as I know, there is only one "spinner" in all of Muir Valley and it is the far left top anchor bolt on "Workin' for the Weekend" at the Bruisebrothers Wall. This bolt would not come out of the the rock (even with a hammer and crowbar), so two new anchors were drilled to the right of it for added peace of mind. That is why there are 3 anchors on this route.
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Karla, just because JRock coddles you with "Honey, you're right." doesn't mean the rest of us can't think you're full of shit. :wink:
Last edited by Meadows on Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

No, she should know by now that I am always right! Okay, well, most of the time anyway. Okay, well, sometimes...
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

you trust your bush...huh huh.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
stix

Post by stix »

Call it whatever you want, i'm talkin about people havin to tighten bolts every time they're take a load. People tightening every bolt on a wall in one visit. Brand new routes or not, you shouldn't have to do that.
"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." Thoreau
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Stix, how many routes have you climbed at Muir? Three?

Also, people haven't had to tighten bolts every time they've taken a load. And... people have never had to tighten every bolt on a wall in one visit. You were misinformed and your sources greatly exaggerated their wild claims...

I've been to other climbing areas and have carried a wrench with me. Several times I even tighted quite a few bolts. However, I didn't feel it necessary for my friends and I to bad mouth the local developers and then state that I tightened the whole wall when in fact I did not. I also didn't see the point of then trying to boost my ego by going online and spraying about what a great guy I was because I tightened some of their bolts.

--A Navaho elder
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

J-Rock wrote: fact I did not. I also didn't see the point of then trying to boost my ego by going online and spraying about what a great guy I was because I tightened some of their bolts.
Wow, Jared. Bringing up an old issue that doesn't even apply to what stix said.

Looks like you're spraying about yourself anyway by saying you're not.
stix

Post by stix »

Look, i'm not tryin to bad mouth anyone, especially not the developers. I think ya'll are doin a great job. The few routes i have climbed in since i've been back this way have been rad, and many more of the walls i've looked at seem awesome. I've also heard almost nothing but good things from my friends about the developement while i was out west. All i'm sayin is that occurance of hangers spinning around the bolt seems inconsistent with what i would expect, and personally have experienced. Not badmouthing anyone, just wonderin if there's a better bolt for the application.
"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." Thoreau