Weekend Reports Anyone?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
mantra51

Post by mantra51 »

Bouldering and sport climbing at eldo canyon, as well as at gross res. (not in kentucky) Gross was actually more rock-trundling than climbing. God that shit is fun. We had one that was so big it didnt even tumble, it just plowed down the mountain, destroying everything in its path, until it hit the water, where it seriously casued a tidal wave like ripple. No one around caught any fish after that one.
Chiefin C is in the House!
SCIN

Re: New routes

Post by SCIN »

Spoonman wrote:J.J.'s new route is AWESOME. Instant classic, even still a bit dirty at bottom. The best (or second best-Legend) sloper route in the RED. Of course, this type of "Lip Service" is always a blast!
No lie about this route man! Bad ass line. Very unique for the Red. Also, that far left line at The Solarium.....damn! If that ain't Obed climbing!

Did 7 new lines at Muir today and each one of them was freaking amazing and unique. Very nice work FOMV.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
JB

Post by JB »

I sent a couple fun problems at Big Bend boulders in Moab and climbed a couple routes in Unaweep canyon outside of Grand Junction. Cool. Mostly i chimneyed through slots and up slickrock domes in the middle of nowhere Utah.
[size=75]i may be weak, but i have bad technique[/size]
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Had a great Obscure Route at Torrent day with Spragwa and Otis on Saturday, followed by an awesome day at the Solarium with Paul and Matt (Massey!!) yesterday. Everyone is right about the routes at the Solarium! That might be my new favorite sport crag at the Red. Team Muir rocks. =)

Heading out again today and tomorrow. :D I'm liking this extensible weekend thing.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
KD

Post by KD »

Yasmeen wrote: Heading out again today and tomorrow. :D I'm liking this extensible weekend thing.
Will be on the same weekend schedule after school gets out a week after this thurs. can't wait.

went to nrr with ms. kd and did routes at rico suave and butcher's branch. forgot how well ms. kd can belay. the routes were excellent but wear me out. got smashed pretty good in the boulder-pad-sumo wrestle. had a very fun time.
Last edited by KD on Mon May 23, 2005 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

We did seven new routes on Saturday at The Great Wall, The Great Arch, and The Solarium. Each one was fantastic but the favorites were definitely Lip Service and Air-Ride Equipped. Those two were un-freakin-believable!

Sunday I got Morning Wood after dreaming of it all week (imagery provided for you, Don :) ) and then we headed to The Motherlode to get completely thrashed for a perfect end to a perfect weekend.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

We climbed 17 trad routes at New River. My favorite was "Handsome and Well Hung" an aesthetic dihedral with a thin technical crux. I didn't get the onsight! While leading it my foot slipped off a smear just after the crux. I discovered that a #1 Metolius TCU will hold a fall with one of the 3 cams open. Got back on and finished it right away. Definitely one of my favorite dihedrals anywhere!
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
cassio598

Post by cassio598 »

We had a great day at the Great Wall on Sat. Onsighted Pre-emptive Strike & Boltergeist, cleaned Shock & Awe, and popped off Crusin' For a Brusin' while attempting a rather foolish Tom Cruise style move. Btw, take a helmet for belaying Shock & Awe; 5 or 6 people climbed it Sat., and everyone sent down at least one piece of rock golf-ball-sized or larger.

Sunday was much more mellow at Drive By, for me anyway. One of my buddies sent Fire & Brimstone, and half onsighted (his brother placed draws on the first half before peeling and lowering) Whip Stocking, his first 11a!

To top it all off, on our way out of the gorge we ate at Mark's Mountain BBQ, which was amazing, especially the blackberry cobler. A great weekend for sure.
MartyV

Post by MartyV »

We went to the Great Wall. Apparently the word is out as there were lots of people there. Did 7 new routes, enjoyed them all. Boltergeist 5.10b is way fun. I agree with the helmet comment for Shock and Awe. Lots of loose material still coming off the route. Met some really nice people who clipped the first bolt of Momma Cindy 5.11c for our group. Thanks Ray and Artsay :wink: I sent the line cleanly on 1st go on TR, wished I would have led it instead.
Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
dhoyne

Post by dhoyne »

I went looking at wedding and reception sites with my fiance. No climbing. :( Well, technically you can climb some stuff at one of them but I got a dirty look when I pointed that out.

I do get all next weekend (3 days!) to climb though. :D
Sarcasm is a tool the weak use to avoid confrontation. People with any balls just outright lie.

[quote="Meadows"]I try not to put it in my mouth now, but when I do, I hold it with just my lips.[/quote]