Drill question

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
dustonian

Re: Drill question

Post by dustonian »

Right right... grumpy old men + Josie... my bad
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

ClimberJ13 wrote:I found muddling has worked just fine for me. Never know unless you find out for yourself. I just thought I'd ask around, and maybe get an opinion from someone who has actually used one of these, or something similar. To clarify, I am looking to bolt with it. Judging by the softness of the corbin sandstone, which is comparable to cement, I would assume the rotary drill would work just fine. A hammering drill would be best suited for harder rock such as granite. For those of you who think bolting is rocket science, all I can say is that a little bit of reasoning, logic, and ingenuity will keep your buns off the deck.
Help some existing bolters first before you try to do anything someone else has to trust their life to. One could theoretically learn enough online to at least not kill people but you haven't even gotten that far yet. There's a lot to being a good bolter which is why SO FEW do it.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
Redpoint

Post by Redpoint »

"It is difficult to estimate the potential damage of solvents; therefore the middle of the rope should never be marked with a felt-tip pen or similar. Although a danger might be improbable, it should never be ignored." Mammut
tbwilsonky

Post by tbwilsonky »

Saxman wrote:There's a lot to being a good bolter which is why SO FEW do it.
and here i thought it was because of the ENORMOUS time, money, sweat, frustration sink.
haunted.