Alcohol Banned in Red River Gorge Campsites

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
ahab

Post by ahab »

Toad wrote:It's all a conspiracy...
Take the fun out of the use of public land so nobody cares about it anymore...then institute, without any resistance, a scorched earth policy of drilling, mining, cutting, etc.
does that mean no more pesky bugs n' creatures? no more hiking through those confounded woods to get to the crags? i'm for it, so long as 'people movers' are on the short list. conspiracies are cool.
buy the Ticket take the Ride
Don McGlone

Post by Don McGlone »

I think I'll get outta town.

Cause the world is turnin'
And I don't wanna see it turn away...
Shedding off one more layer of skin
Keeping one step ahead of the persecutor within
charlie

Post by charlie »

Get outta town, think I'll get outta town.

I head for the sticks with my bus and friends,
I follow the road though I don't know where it ends.

Get out of town, get out of town,
think I'll get out of town.
Toad

Post by Toad »

Lets see... Ya pay for an "overnight permit" to camp and that extra money might be paying for the new sheriff to enforce the no drinking law. Nice system. Maybe next you'll be charged to climb on FS land (aside from taxes) so you can be fined for using chalk.
Victory Whip in da House. Yeah.
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

this really pisses me off .... 8 years ago when I quit drinking anyway
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty
Cleveland

Post by Cleveland »

What would old Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson have to say about this? It seems to me that the things we ran from a couple hundred years ago are starting to happen all over again.
"Do it"
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

at least the fags can get married now- wonder what the lands we're protecting in Alaska are like- sure as hell ain't gonna see em if I can't afford the gas to go because we won't drill any oil from there.. fucking caribou.. fucking fascist rangers if these people hate their jobs and people so much find another low paying no skills required job... govt man hater
Don McGlone

Post by Don McGlone »

Looks like I'll be spending my time and money in the Northern Region.

Where 5.10 is 5.10 and a joint is a bad place to be.
Shedding off one more layer of skin
Keeping one step ahead of the persecutor within
Toad

Post by Toad »

Crankmas wrote:...wonder what the lands we're protecting in Alaska are like- sure as hell ain't gonna see em if I can't afford the gas to go because we won't drill any oil from there.. fucking caribou..
Funny thing about the oil that is currently being extracted from Alaska... most of it is being exported by the oil companies to Asian markets. So much for energy independence of our own country. I doubt opening up ANWAR would help much if the current policy on allowing exports continues.

We the tax payers subsidize the drilling so that we can pay more at the pump when "our" oil gets sent elsewhere. It kinda fits with what I've been saying about camper's funding their own loss of freedom.
Victory Whip in da House. Yeah.
TradMike

Post by TradMike »

Banning Alcohol doesn't ban bad judgement. The level of safety and trash at the gorge isn't based on what beverages people bring with them, but their wisdom and judgment. No rules can replace that. Banning alcohol will just push people closer to the cliffs with their alcohol.