The ongoing weekend idiot report

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

Jeff wrote:Image
The blonde can find a matching rope and the hottie 3rd from left can probably pick up a matching chalkbag.
Guess the bookends can be satisfied with pizza or waffles.
On two of... Well then there is... How can that... My word. :shock:
Barnacle Ben

Post by Barnacle Ben »

Crash pads.
"But the motto was, never think you're that cool - you're still just climbing rocks...in the woods...with bugs...and everyone thinks you're crazy."

- Dave Graham
Safe Climber

Post by Safe Climber »

My wife was at Driveby over Memorial Day weekend (Sat) and witnessed a ground fall from the second bolt of a sport route. After surfing this thread this seems to be a reoccurring theme tarnishing the good name of the RRG. In light of the recent, tragic fatalities of the last two years is the climbing community addressing preventative measures not just response management and efficiency?
Thanks,
Phil
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

if you aren't going to take the time to learn or become actually "educated" on how climbing works, i.e. gravity is ALWAYS on, then all i can do is hold my breath, wait, and be well prepared.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
pkananen

Re: The ongoing weekend idiot report

Post by pkananen »

Hats off to the badass that decided it would be better to solo up to anchors on the 35 foot 5.5 at Chica Bonita to set up his TR rather than use a belayer.
Last edited by pkananen on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
louisville_climber

Post by louisville_climber »

Congrats to the girl who free soloed 27 years of climbing Saturday and then fell, broke her nose and skinned up her knees and elbows Sunday at roadside.
"because it's there." -George Leigh Mallory
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

louisville_climber wrote:Congrats to the girl who free soloed 27 years of climbing Saturday and then fell, broke her nose and skinned up her knees and elbows Sunday at roadside.
So... she did not fall on 27 years, but did at Roadside? Was the Roadside route a free solo as well?
tutugirl

Post by tutugirl »

That previous post makes no sense...27 is at the Gallery...is there a route I am missing at Roadside???
Margarita
The difference between bravery and stupidity is the outcome.
gravitycoach

Post by gravitycoach »

[quote="tutugirl"]That previous post makes no sense...27 is at the Gallery...is there a route I am missing at Roadside???[/quote]

Reading comprehension issues much?? Soloed 27 Years on SATURDAY, broke her nose and skinned knees and elbows at Roadside on SUNDAY.

Still doesn't clarify if she was soloing on Sunday as well though.