Wierd

Discussions full of RAGE!
longlegsrule

Post by longlegsrule »

diggum wrote:i'm running it...been registered for a couple months but i'm sure you are MUCH faster than i am. i'll see you at the finish line though!
i know a couple others who are running it too.
although i do slow my pace for my running partner...I am still super slow...we did 5 miles in 40-45 min...that was my first 5 consecutive miles...meaning I didn't walk at all and then try to catch up with Ang again...

it's central baptist hospital putting it on...
From Kentucky ;o)
diggum

Post by diggum »

even if it took you 45...that's still 9 minute miles. that's really good LLR!
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Just go for your PR and don't worry about anything else. Just have fun.

Having said that, I really hope to run the Midsummer next year. My comeback is a little too consistent with my age to suit me, and I do refuse to do any walking in a race.
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
longlegsrule

Post by longlegsrule »

ok so mom and pops are begging me not to run tonight in the MSNR...is the heat advisory THAT bad down there?!?!

supposedly they've set up more water stations along the 3.125 miles of this thing...

I guess my goal...if the heat is THAT bad...is just to finish now...

good luck to you all that are running it and drink lots of water today!
From Kentucky ;o)
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Heat shmeat.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

LLR,

Stick a glad bag filled with ice down in your running bra. When the going gets rough, pop a cube in your mouth.

I'm not running it this year, but I do remember the tricks.
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

"Pop a cube"

That's funny.
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]