The passing of my good friend, Mason Allen.

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Sco Bro

Post by Sco Bro »

We couldn’t throw an unopened beer at him, it might have ruptured and we would have lost that fresh Rocky Mountain Coors.
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

wow I am so sorry to read this. I only met Mason briefly(same time Pigsteak did). He seemed like a great guy. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

Sco Bro wrote:We couldn’t throw an unopened beer at him, it might have ruptured and we would have lost that fresh Rocky Mountain Coors.
and well all heard him quoting this so often:

"Who Me? I gotta hitch hike god damn 18 miles to get a god damn beer......that's bullshit."
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

I hope everyone close to Mason can get through this. I'm sorry to hear about his death.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
endercore

Post by endercore »

It stinks to hear of such a loss to the community. I hope those he left behind are doing alright and taking care of each other. It's times like these when we realize we can never be sure of our future, its a sobering thought.

Mason was one of those guys that'd id always see around but never really got a chance to meet. Looks like i missed out.
Sco Bro

Post by Sco Bro »

Visitation will be on Friday from six to eight o’clock p.m. at Kerr Brothers on Harrodsburg Road.

The funeral service will be on Saturday at 12:30 p.m. at Kerr Brothers, same location. From there we will proceed to the Lexington Cemetery.

The family has asked that anyone wanting to make a donation to please make them to the Red River Gorge Climbing Coalition in Mason’s memory. I believe that there will be a donation box at the funeral home, but I do not think that is set in stone.
Sco Bro

Post by Sco Bro »

local

Post by local »

i'm sorry to hear this news.....mason was a great guy. I got to enjoy mason climbing and chasing girls in lex. He will be missed by me and my family......dario
charlie

Post by charlie »

"Climb you Monkey!"

"OK, but before you go you need an Irish Car Bomb!"

"All right boys, it's no pride night!"

I've got so many great stories and great memories (or lack thereof) hangin with Mase in downtown Lex. It hurts so bad to know I'm not gonna get any more calls around midnight telling us to meet him at Redneckman's. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to McCarthy's for a while.

Such an awesome person, best wing man in town. I just want one more night out with him. Always having a blast, big smile on his face, never met a stranger. He is the only person that scares me when he says he's going to the bar to buy drinks.

I love you monkey, you'll always be in our thoughts.
Pimp

Post by Pimp »

Mason, buddy, I miss you.
:cry:
One of these days I will just walk out to some secluded crag in the red and hang my self will my favorite hex and my old climbing rope; and the paper will read "Climber falls and dies using primitive gear." But that's not how I want to be remembered.