Climbing Cost (of a day out)

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
climb2core

Re: Climbing Cost (of a day out)

Post by climb2core »

Apparently, if yous can get to Lexington Pigsteak will come out to the gas station and pay for your gas. He is giving like that.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

only for columbus cats...
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

I seem to recall piggie giving me a rough time for having 3 passengers cough up 5 bucks each for a round trip to the red.

I always preferred having a semi-gay long term partner and just alternating who drives. Seems to avoid any awkwardness (except for the sexual tension).
caribe

Post by caribe »

Shamis, I like this too, but often it doesn't work well.
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

caribe wrote:Shamis, I like this too, but often it doesn't work well.
Hence those facebook photos.
http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/496691/daniel_beck.html
tH1e-swiN1e

Post by tH1e-swiN1e »

Josephine wrote:
tH1e-swiN1e wrote:Indianapolis and back. Almost every other weekend. I wish I didnt have to work so much to afford these trips. I need more time OUTSIDE!!
Time to join the rest of us and move to lex :-D
Any need for an Engineering Geologist? lol
More Altitude, Less Attitude.
CRZYFST

Post by CRZYFST »

Since mpg and gas prices can vary, especially coming from Indianapolis that is flat and then getting down in the hill country which will lower mpg, here is how my group does it.

Before you leave, fill your tank full. When you get back fill you tank full. Keep track of any gas put in between when you leave and get back. Divide that number by the number of passengers and done. Couples don't count as one even if it is your vehicle being used :). Kids are questionable, depends on how big they are. You start with a full tank and you end with a full tank. You don't count the cost of the full tank before you leave.

In my honest opinion, the person who is providing the transportation shouldn't have to pay anything. Their expensive is wear/tear on the vehicle etc. But typically I would be going anyway so I always just divide it equally per person.