Injury Prevention for younger people

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
KD

Post by KD »

Just remember to take a rest day from climbing after climbing hard. protect your fingers and your feet. Enjoy being young and healing fast, and having a metabolism - whatever that was, oh and hair - enjoy that too. :)
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

Best injury prevention is, and always will be, a good warmup. And by that I mean more than one climb. Particularly if your goal is to get on something thin. The most prominent lasting injuries to climbers are finger injuries, and warming up is definitely the best bet there.

Other than that, the other big thing seems to be pushing yourself too hard when you are tired. If you've been bouldering for like 4 hours and you are really straining to send some problem with a heinous crimp, the best option is to just go home and do it next time.

For long term injury prevention if you continue climbing for many years, you will need to focus on muscles not used in climbing. Go to the gym and work everything that isn't "pulling down" to keep yourself from getting too imbalanced.

Also beware of too much computing and/or jacking off cause when you combine it with climbing it'll give you nasty elbow tendonitis.
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

scroll down to the Audry Morrison interview, Dru.

http://onlineclimbingcoach.blogspot.com ... 20research
Can't we all just get along?
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

Shamis wrote:
Also beware of too much computing and/or jacking off cause when you combine it with climbing it'll give you nasty elbow tendonitis.
for real!!! since i've been doing more online classes my shit hurt.
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

quit slouching quasimodo
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life