Ouch, my ankle!

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

tutugirl wrote:This is what I am doing to break scar tissue from my ankle surgery....

http://www.danceshop.co.nz/catalog/images/photo10.jpg
how does knitting doilies on shoes help your ankle?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
tutugirl

Post by tutugirl »

That is too funny!!! I bought a pair of pointe shoes and I am doing a lot of pointe work at the beginning it almost felt impossible but now I am going up and down (on two feet) effortless. Working to be able to do it on the broken ankle alone, I still have the two screws in the ankle but it is better each day.
Margarita
The difference between bravery and stupidity is the outcome.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

oh, so that is needle point, not knitting? sorry.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Shamis

Post by Shamis »

What kind of shoes do you normally boulder in?
tutugirl

Post by tutugirl »

I use Five Ten projects for just about anything.
Margarita
The difference between bravery and stupidity is the outcome.
Ahmad

Re: Ouch, my ankle!

Post by Ahmad »

Hey u post ur image ankle it looks swelled it can be due to some reason like falling down from somewhere or etc but physical therapy really helps u but u have to keep patience while therapy because its a lengthy treatment......
kek-san

Re: Ouch, my ankle!

Post by kek-san »

Ankle injuries suck, and I've had a few. Avulsion fracture in the right. type 2 and 3 in both (not at the same time). Wobble board helps one the injuries heal up a bit, but long story short they likely will never be as strong as they were pre-injury. Some lucky folks, like me, have a congential weakness in the structure of the ankle where the fibular process that holds the Peroneus Minor and Major in place is shallow. This leads to easy subluxation of the tendons and subsequently less strength in the ankle. If you could make your ankles pop before the accident consider yourself in the club. There are surgical avenues to fix it, but they are even more recovery time and will potentially limit motion range. Good luck.

Good stuff here:

http://www.eorthopod.com/eorthopodV2/in ... 3ca04551fd
"Dying?" Man, that's the last thing I want to do. - overheard