Road to the Southern Region is Closed

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

It's about a 10 mile detour to go through Beattyville on rather windy roads. Looking at google maps doesn't suggest any other roads and they have Bald Fork and Fixer on there so its pretty complete. Going the creek would be faster if you could do it although it could tear up a car a bit, my outback got a little beaten and it has more clearance than most cars. trucks will be fine.
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
rocker_delux

Post by rocker_delux »

Thanks pawilkes. Is Bald Fork and Fixer "Going the creek?" I apologize but I'm not that familiar with the lingo. I do see those on the map so we could probably do that. I was down there once so I'm a little familiar with the area but not sure on that one. We're in a Rav4 so I do have a bit more than a car too.

Thanks
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

If you don't have a car that can do fixer, how about going 1036 to 52 to 498.

Or if your are coming from the Lexington and points north, how about getting off in Stanton and taking 213 to 52 to 498?

Just a thought.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

If you don't know the back way (Fixer and the creek), you would be best to stick to the roads. It's easy to get lost back there and end up in the oil companies main area of operation.
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

Bald Fork is the "normal" road down to the load. Fixer is the way to Solar Collector that you can continue down through some creeks to get to the rest of the PMRP/Southern region. 1036 is a pretty small road (think the road to muir) and is really curvy. I think it would be faster going into Stanton.
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

Better yet - stay on 75s past Lexington and then jump on 52 at Richmond. Think of Bald rock road and Fixer road at the same road - they change names at the creek. You cross the creek in a few spots and then drive right down the middle of it - hence the name bald rock road - I would think it would be pretty tricky in a car/sedan.
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
rocker_delux

Post by rocker_delux »

Thanks a lot all! We're planning on hitting PMRP this weekend and I'm pretty good with maps too so I should know this much better then! Haha - Safe climbing all.
Coach Kige

Post by Coach Kige »

Just so that I'm crystal clear about the location of the roadblock: You can get to Bald Rock Fork rd. off of 498 from 52?
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

the road is closed for about 200 yards right around the driveway to the church. they have detour signs in Beattyville. basically you turn right on to 52, go over a bridge and turn right onto 1144 (?) were there is an old sandstone church on the corner. take 1144 until it ends then hang a right on 52 and go ~1/2 mile to Bald Rock road. you don't have to go on 1144 but it makes the drive a bit shorter.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

to reiterate pawilkes point. there is a concete barrier closing the road. the is currently no way around the barrier. an alternate route must be used.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.