Site Outage

Having problems with the board or the online guidebook?
Suggestions welcome.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Steve! :shock:

That was some funny shit!
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
ynot

Post by ynot »

I think he just topped Ho. good work
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Steve

Post by Steve »

ynot wrote:I think he just topped Ho. good work
Thank you...I think.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

No offense to Steve, but that's impossible. There's way too much history there to be topped by one post.
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
Steve

Post by Steve »

None take Yasmeen. And I tend to agree with ya on that one.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.
trog

Post by trog »

I fell asleep at the keyboard trying to log on Redriverclimbing.com and had the strangest dream.
The site never came back up and noone could browse forums, flame at each other, sell their junk, or KEEP A TICK LIST! Climbers gradually drifted away from the Red and after a long time I went down to see what had happened. Miguel's was shuttered and abandoned, a few ragged tent scraps blowing in the back. Someone said he had relocated to the valley and opened Miguel's Big Wall Organic Pies with a shop on the summit of Half Dome; Dario was offering free base jump delivery...
They said Ray and Paul had gone to the desert and were free soloing hard 5.13 towers to put up microwave relays for their outlaw undernet network...
I drove to Military and strangely heard... nothing; no spray, no posing; all the chalk had washed off Sunshine and Moonbeam. There were strange plants growing along the crag base, then I heard the sound of a round being chambered so I turned and ran.
To Muir; the parking lot eerily empty. Started down the trail but was chased off by the roving bands of near-feral adolescent former climbers employed for sentry duty. They said Rick and Liz and Kipp were reshaping the landscape with their new top secret plasma boltatron.
Found out that Kris was holed up in the abandoned Cincinnati subway broadcasting rage rap over the outlaw net, Ray was carrying his signal, of course. 512 was staying strong by tearing chunks of concrete out of the walls.
On to PMRP, surely climbers there? A giant open pit coal mine had opened with a saloon and arcade in the Motherlode. Furtive wild-eyed former hard men in tattered Prana darted through at dark, stealing balogna sandwiches and pouring sand in the bulldozer fuel tanks. Hissing at me, they ran into the woods, sounded like "accessssss"
Heard that Governor Morgain was sequestered in Frankfort, surrounded by the KY National Guard who were holding off the federal troops after she declared Kentucky the "Free and Sovereign Human-Powered Commonwealth" and closed all the borders.
Larry sat alone in a room with a single candle muttering "Tower of Power, it's the Jungle Beat of Insanity's Ceiling and where has Sarah gone?"
Art was still sending, flashed a 5.12d, but nobody knew.
Andrew staged a hostile takover of ClimbTime.
Obama was still president.
I awoke with a start, wiped the cold sweat off the keyboard, and tried to log on one more time. Finally! It's back! There's Paul on Snooker again!

sorry,,,had to get it out of my head.
ancient gumby,
whatsa gumby?
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

That was sick man. Awesome. Love it.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
caribe

Post by caribe »

Trog... don't you have an operation to perform or something? That prose was insanely out of character.