Your $$$ Needed To Keep The Southern Region Open

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...

Would you pay $75 per year for the next seven years to keep the Southern Region open?

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 106

John E

Post by John E »

[quote="captain static"]The condolences of the RRGCC go out to the Murray family.

Thanks. I'll convey the message to them.
Life's too short to drink cheap beer or cheap coffee.
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

I was just wondering... What happens to the money if they do not raise enough in time? Does it go back to the doners or does the RRGCC keep it?
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

I'll use it for beer.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

ynp1 wrote:
I was just wondering... What happens to the money if they do not raise enough in time? Does it go back to the doners or does the RRGCC keep it?
I expect the RRGCC will apply whatever is collected toward the note. The remainder will be gathered however it has in the past. It doesn't look like that will be a problem though.

SCIN wrote:

I'll use it for beer.
But, Sir! That wouldn't be nearly enough $$$$$!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

thanks for the answer. I like the beer idea. but i wasnt just wondering about the rrgcc, but any group that raises money and then loses whatever they were trying to get or maybe a non-profit group that falls a part. who gets the left over money or land?
captain static

Post by captain static »

As far as 501(c)(3) non-profits, if the organization is dissolved, anything left over must be distributed for an exempt 501(c)(3) purpose. The By-laws of the RRGCC have a provision for this.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

Thanks for the info. Can you go into deeper the by-laws the RRGCC have set up or maybe tell me how to find this information.
randomboulder

Post by randomboulder »

So I read somewhere that the Carolina Climber's Coalition applied for and was awarded some grants to support the Laurel Knob land acquisition from the 1% for the Planet fund. Would this be something the RRGCC should look into also?

http://www.onepercentfortheplanet.org/index.htm
Christian

Post by Christian »

I have a separate 501(c) account that all unused not for profit's funds goes into...in Switzerland....It is the "Christian's Dharma Quest Fund"....
I try to be a good man but all that comes
of trying is I feel more guilty.
Ikkyu
captain static

Post by captain static »

ynp1 wrote:Thanks for the info. Can you go into deeper the by-laws the RRGCC have set up or maybe tell me how to find this information.
There are 8 pages of By-laws that cover things such as the purpose of the organization; the location of its offices; the make up of the Board of Directors, its manner of acting, and officers; set up of committees and advisory Boards; the Executive Director and staff; and Tax-Exempt provisions. It is all pretty standard stuff for a non-profit. Is there any particular area you are interested in?
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh