Crazyfingers

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

Yeah just tell Pete something's gay. That really gets her going!
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Pete

Post by Pete »

vic, i get it, but i'd challenge you to put the person first - John, a deaf guy, rather than deaf John - when we acknowledge the person before the disability, it emphasizes the person, not the disability. so, i'll call you vic, the short guy, not that short guy vic. i know, we "helping professionals" are no fun.
"Don't ever admit you keep score, it's just lame. Go climbing." LK Day
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

C'est Si Bon wrote:Meadows I think you are right; the tree is closer to Dragonslayer. This girl must have been close to off route and really launched herself out.
We were there watching this girl climbing on "Crazyfingers" when her fall took place. She was not off route and she did not lauch herself out. There was nothing unusual about her fall except that she struck the top of the tree with great force.
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
vic

Post by vic »

Good point Pete... and BTW...when you forget that I am not that tall, you can also say something like: vic, the deaf guy.
There's no offense in saying that I can't hear too well.
! Enough with all that detestation ALREADY !
Smile & be thankful for what you have.
Christian

Post by Christian »

Pete wrote:vic, i get it, but i'd challenge you to put the person first - John, a deaf guy, rather than deaf John - when we acknowledge the person before the disability, it emphasizes the person, not the disability. so, i'll call you vic, the short guy, not that short guy vic. i know, we "helping professionals" are no fun.
Vic, does it offend you when we call you vic, the Hobbit?or Vic, the Diminutive Deaf Man?(if you are having another bad day or this offends you I'll find andemoticon too mitigate the sting.

You see I am 3 times older than many of the climbers at the gym and they call me"Mr. Lenn". I thought it was a sign of respect until I found out it was a Fat joke.
Now thy just call me Mr. Clydesdale...I just appreciate their honesty.
I try to be a good man but all that comes
of trying is I feel more guilty.
Ikkyu
C'est Si Bon

Post by C'est Si Bon »

squeezindlemmon wrote:
C'est Si Bon wrote:I also think that we should not alter the environment too much.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

::where's the fall over your chair from laughing emoticon when you need one?::

sorry, c'est si bon
I realize that there will be impact but it doesn't have to be as bad as the the slash and burn 30ft wide road that is happening on the valley floor at muir.
It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy
Ultra

Post by Ultra »

Spragwa wrote:Yeah just tell Pete something's gay. That really gets her going!
Ok, I'll bite. gay! ther I said it. So give me another lesson in the proper way to speak...
Do you like apples? Well, how do you like [b]THEM APPLES[/b]
meetVA

Post by meetVA »

C'est Si Bon wrote:I realize that there will be impact but it doesn't have to be as bad as the the slash and burn 30ft wide road that is happening on the valley floor at muir.
I agree!

Just like the Parkway or Route 8 or that trail to the cliff, at the cliff base, the chaulk on the rock or the bolts or polution from the car that it took to get to the red or all of the oil that goes into producing the gear we use to make ourselves safer or...
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
- Emo Philips
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

C'est Si Bon wrote:I realize that there will be impact but it doesn't have to be as bad as the the slash and burn 30ft wide road that is happening on the valley floor at muir.
i think it's that very road that helped out a very thankful lady with a broken leg not long ago. and "slash and burn"?! please don't use inciting language when it's not needed. slash and burn, even if it's "literally" what's going on, refers to a much more broad and destructive practice, usually in rainforests, that leaves the ground literally uninhabitable to the originally dominant native flora. that's hardly the case anywhere in the midwest us.
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
Christian

Post by Christian »

Paul3eb wrote:
that's hardly the case anywhere in the midwest us.
Oh, I don't know Paul3eb. What about golf courses and parking lots?
I try to be a good man but all that comes
of trying is I feel more guilty.
Ikkyu