which are you partial to?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.

Petzl or Black Diamond?

You may select 1 option

View results

Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

Peztl gave us unprecedented support with Roc Trip, Black Diamond has the what should be patriotic support but when harnesses are outsourced from china then it kinda falls flat, both are good corporate citizens and sponsor both male and female climbers, I have to go with Metolius
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

DMM
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
JB

Post by JB »

Omega - proud supporters of prison labor!
[size=75]i may be weak, but i have bad technique[/size]
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

As stated, Petzl has given us unprecedented support and continues to do so. The company is amazing and the owner, Paul Petzl, has taken a personal interest in the Red River Gorge. Their harnesses are great, they make the gri-gri and spirits are by far the best.

Oh, when approached BD has offered some schwag...whereas Petzl has provided countless thousands of dollars

Therefore, I vote for Petzl hands down.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

your sponsored, you have to say that. I know its true, I have seen your draws.
Living the dream
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

BD for their gear. They make great gear and make a wide variety. I do wish they would do a bit more to help out the RRGCC but that is what it is. They do do work to help out other areas, especially in Utah.
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
p0bray01

Post by p0bray01 »

I think mine is a preference of the first fall...took MASSIVE whippers when I was learning to lead sport on BD's Positron draws...held my bigass everytime...I trust em. Not that Petzl is not good. Once I started trad climbing....BD had the best cams....the rest....is history as they say :wink:
"The Mountains are my church and climbing is how I worship" - Tommy Caldwell
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Andrew wrote:your sponsored, you have to say that. I know its true, I have seen your draws.
Had to read that twice. I thought you had seen her drawers.

BD for gear I already have, Petzl for their kick ass support. If and when I need to buy something, I will remember Petzl, and will buy from MGEAR.
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

About supporting a US manufacturing company - I can't find anything online right now, but I thought that all Petzl 'biners were made in the US - not sure, though.
Bacon is meat candy.
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

im not sure about Petzl but all of BD's biners except for the Oz are made in the US. as for the rest of their stuff, i'm not entirely sure. oh and i suppose i should state that i am biased cause i used to work there
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.