family friendly (top-rope) climbing trip for March or April?

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Actually it's not necessary to lead those routes at the Practice Wall. As Ascentionist said, there is a walk-up to the left.
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
Zspider

Post by Zspider »

J-Rock wrote:Actually it's not necessary to lead those routes at the Practice Wall. As Ascentionist said, there is a walk-up to the left.
Just another reason why Muir rocks.

ZSpider
ynot

Post by ynot »

True North and RRO can fix you up with lodging.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

I didn't know there was a walk up! That's cool. Not that I need a walk up, I can lead that wall you know!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
john e aragon

Post by john e aragon »

i would suggest that you take the kids to the Via Ferrata at torrent falls. kids should really dig it. there is no appraoch involved, and it is the safest way to climb in the red short of hiring a guide for groups looking to top rope. also hiking in the natural bridge area is great for kids take the trail that passes the balanced rock to the cave. it is tall enough and not very deep for some fun exploration. i took my families small children there and they all had a blast. natural birdge has a lodge and other facilites. there is alot to do there.
because i can