Heat

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Caspian

Post by Caspian »

The summers arent that bad at the red.....granted you really wish you were somewhere else....but you start to get used to it.

Get up early and get on the rock before the sun hits...then take an afternoon dip in the river and a nap in the heat of the day on the way to another crag for some late afternoon climbing in the shade.

The river makes for a great cooler too. Hide some cold drinks in the creek before you hike up. One time we even stashed a watermelon....that was sweet.
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Gretchen wrote:BBerlier & I always do. Nothing wrong with a little bit of sweat!
You climb?
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
snoopdogg

Post by snoopdogg »

Spragwa wrote:Fuckin yankees.
I'm more southern than Colonel Sanders bitch.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Snow, heat, rain! I don't care; I'm rock climbing!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
parhelia

Post by parhelia »

Caspian wrote:The summers arent that bad at the red.....granted you really wish you were somewhere else....but you start to get used to it.
caspian, wouldn't that first involve you being at the red? :wink:
Caspian

Post by Caspian »

parhelia wrote:
Caspian wrote:The summers arent that bad at the red.....granted you really wish you were somewhere else....but you start to get used to it.
caspian, wouldn't that first involve you being at the red? :wink:
I guess I wish I was somewhere else right now more than when I am at the red.

I need to get out of this city. Even the climbers suck here.
Buster

Post by Buster »

Artsay wrote:
Gretchen wrote:BBerlier & I always do. Nothing wrong with a little bit of sweat!
You climb?
ohhhhh burn !!!!!!!!!!!!!
'Darling, may I please be excused for a moment?
I have to shake hands with a very dear friend of mine, whom I hope to introduce you to after dinner.'
The polite way to excuse yourself and take a piss.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

Quick! GROUP HUG! :P
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
Wes

Post by Wes »

Fuck a group hug.

Climbing in the heat sucks ballz for sure, and the bugs aren't even out yet :?

Wes
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

No artsay I'm to busy wasting my time working towards securing climbing so you lazy, self centered sort can climb.
Just genuinely disengenuous.