Healing After a Workout

Quit whining. Drink bourbon. Climb more.
t bone

Post by t bone »

Have dip of skoal and stiff drink.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Amen. If I have a super hard bouldering session, the best thing to do is take three alieve, drink two-three bourbon and ale-8's and smoke a bowl. You well feel great the next day for sure.

Protain drinks seem to help as well, and I take vit. E to help with my tips.

Wes
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
t bone

Post by t bone »

Yea I forgot the ibuprofen!!
ynot

Post by ynot »

I always have this craving for a double quarter pounder after climbing. I know its the protien I want. Soup really hits the spot. I was really sore Monday. I stretched alot and went to work. I was fine by lunchtime.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
Dariusoherran

Post by Dariusoherran »

See, Monday I did Capoeira for 3 hours straight, a ton of frog leaps and assorted pushups, worked the hand crunching things for an hour and a half (grippers, whatever you want to call them) and worked out in the gym, and the last two days I've been limping around like a man with his foot cut off. It's HORRID! So I'm looking to find out how to correct it. :D I'm definitely in on all the protein, I love meat and I eat it for every meal, not to mention a horde of peanut butter that I take straight from the jar. 2 to 3 nalgene's of water a day, and not much on veggies, mostly potatoes. (I'm Irish) That's about it for me, so I'm going to try and incorporate what you guys told me. Thanks!
Christian

Post by Christian »

You guys I would be real careful about taking any NSAIDS with alcohol. Acetiminophen and alcohol is toxic/potentially fatal. I don't know about Naproxen(Aleve) or Ibuprofen and alcohol but check the lable. If it says no alcohol with that mediceine it is probably because someone died and the company got nailed. All that $ doesn't help the dead guy though. :(
Now alcohol/ pot/ tobacco dangerous but not too fatal. :lol:
I try to be a good man but all that comes
of trying is I feel more guilty.
Ikkyu

Post by Guest »

Acetominophen isn't an NSAID, it is an analgesic, and yeah, the combined effects of acetominophen (aka Tylenol) and alcohol on your liver is quite dangerous. I'm not sure about NSAIDs and alcohol, though I think they also effect your liver enzymes so it's probably not a good idea.
dhoyne

Post by dhoyne »

Ibuprofin and alcohol is bad too -- they both thin your blood and combined your BP can drastically drop.
Sarcasm is a tool the weak use to avoid confrontation. People with any balls just outright lie.

[quote="Meadows"]I try not to put it in my mouth now, but when I do, I hold it with just my lips.[/quote]
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Yeah and that combo wrecks your stomach & liver too.
air canada

Post by air canada »

Watch out for overtraining too-I have a tendency to try to do too much-and not allow for recovery time. Its key! Activities that work the body differently are not necessarily 'rest days'! Climb one day, play hockey the next, rest one day, climb again-its not two recovery days from climbing!
Never mess with a local!