Emerald City/Global Village Wildfire

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
Clevis Hitch

Re: Emerald City/Global Village Wildfire

Post by Clevis Hitch »

is it the same stuff that burned two years ago?
If you give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute. If you set him on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
KD

Post by KD »

No Clevis that got burned up in the fire then.
ynp1

Post by ynp1 »

I thought the same thing... Why is that the place that catches fire?
I don't have haters, I have fans in denial.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

last place to throw out the blunt before quenching the munchy tiger at miggie's?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Steve_RRG

Post by Steve_RRG »

We called the Wolfe County Fire Department about 4 PM on Sunday to report the blaze as we were coming down Glencairne Road. They said "Oh yeah, we may look into it".
milspecmark

Post by milspecmark »

That had to be a cigarette
Dhaulagiri

Post by Dhaulagiri »

Apparently a couple of dudes were scavenging for metal in the old quarry off of Glencairn using acetylene torches and it got out of hand (they bailed of course instead of doing something about it). The fire burned all the way up the hillside and around the back side of the cabin you can see from 11, burning almost completely through one of the cabin's support posts in the process and leaving a nice black mark on the LP tank. Thankfully the local fire people were on top of things or the cabin would have been toast.
climb2core

Post by climb2core »

Dhaulagiri wrote:Apparently a couple of dudes were scavenging for metal in the old quarry off of Glencairn using acetylene torches and it got out of hand (they bailed of course instead of doing something about it). The fire burned all the way up the hillside and around the back side of the cabin you can see from 11, burning almost completely through one of the cabin's support posts in the process and leaving a nice black mark on the LP tank. Thankfully the local fire people were on top of things or the cabin would have been toast.

I was at their cabin on Friday. The fire fighters said it was a miracle they didn't lose the place. Props to the fire fighters for saving their cabin... they are a super nice family.
Dhaulagiri

Post by Dhaulagiri »

climb2core wrote:
Dhaulagiri wrote:Apparently a couple of dudes were scavenging for metal in the old quarry off of Glencairn using acetylene torches and it got out of hand (they bailed of course instead of doing something about it). The fire burned all the way up the hillside and around the back side of the cabin you can see from 11, burning almost completely through one of the cabin's support posts in the process and leaving a nice black mark on the LP tank. Thankfully the local fire people were on top of things or the cabin would have been toast.

I was at their cabin on Friday. The fire fighters said it was a miracle they didn't lose the place. Props to the fire fighters for saving their cabin... they are a super nice family.
Funny. So was I :)