Parnters

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
Rain Man

Post by Rain Man »

Well, like I said, I was just curious...I mean, everyone on the board climbs...and in the Red (some more than others due to geography like tomdarch, or because they're wimps and the summer heat/humidity is too much for them). I know there are a LOT of people that are members of Ray's site here, but only a handful post much at all (and some too much :mrgreen: ). Logic dictates that people fit together better when they have similar interests (like you and Ray) along with obvious other personality traits. It's not like I am going to give up SikMonkey as my climbing partner, because I'm making hella-good progress climbing with him, but what's different from "meeting" someone here vs. running into them out at the crag?

Just ignore my ramblings, I've been w/o female contact for too long now and sometimes my thoughts wander..just ask Sik, he's about ready to backhand me, I'm sure. :lol: :oops: :lol:
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."
D. H. Lawrence
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Maybe you and Sikmonkey should get a little closer? He does have a nice body, ya know?
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
Rain Man

Post by Rain Man »

:lol: Yeah, but Elizabeth has a gun, and his dog Rocket wouldn't be too keen on the idea, either. :lol:
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."
D. H. Lawrence
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Oh man! This is a great idea! Someone should start a single's thread. Everyone can chat and get to know each other's type a little. Then we can set up a poll like: "rhunt should go out with" and list all the choices of those participating. Then we all get to vote and send you off on a date. Yep! This could be fun!

Can I play the hostess and ask questions? Like the dating game!
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

Actually, that does sound pretty neat....the singles thread I mean. (Thanks for the compliment Ray, but RainMan is right, Elizabeth would shoot him and I just don't think I am the sword fighting type of guy. I prefer plug to socket rather than plug to plug). Sounds like "Married by America" meets "Blind Date" meets "The Bachelor/Bachelorette", etc.

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Really though, when I was single I would've loved something like that. We all joke about it but in all actuality it's really tough to meet that special someone, especially someone who's a climber. SCIN and I met in a climbing gym in Cincinnati. We had both been climbing at the Red for years and never met. We kinda got lucky, really.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

Artsay, humm, I might be interested...tell me more

All the women will be hot and climb hard sport...right 8)
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
Rain Man

Post by Rain Man »

I wonder, though, how you would "run" the thread..parading the guys, because we're used to rejection? I am guessing the gender make-up of the board is edged toward the "male" side, and how many of the females on this board would think it's a good idea. :lol: What we would get, I suspect, would be a bunch of guys trying to bloat their egos and build themselves up in print, while the women just sit back and laugh. :)
D. H. Lawrence
Caspian

Post by Caspian »

rhunt wrote:Artsay,
All the women will be hot and climb hard sport...right 8)
Yeah, but mostly hard trad
"how ironic....now he's blind after a life of enjoying being able to see."~Homer
Rain Man

Post by Rain Man »

That being said, if I don't agree to the idea, Matt will give me about 10' of slack on my next lead to teach me a lesson about "exposing one's self to risk to achieve greater rewards"....so, what the hell? :D
D. H. Lawrence