Climbing off in Louisville

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
Dariusoherran

Post by Dariusoherran »

I've bouldered in the Cherokee park place, if you go straight down Alta Vista and take a right as it ends, there are little places to pull off. If you pull off at the first or second one and go left there are a couple places with some chalk on them. You can boulder there, but it is almost solely horizontal. It isn't much, but if you just want the feel of real rock on your hands and don't have time to go to the gorge and can't afford the gym, it'll give you something to do.
lucamaniac

Post by lucamaniac »

I've often heard that there's not any outdoor climbing in Louisville to get excited about. I've not climbed at any of these places, so I don't know for sure. But I've gotta agree w/ Hamsco, just make the 1 1/2 - 2 hr drive to the gorge and enjoy.

Lynne, I'm hoping to start climbing again in couple months. I've got to work on my running first. When I try to run now it's more like a hobble. You should see me, it's quite entertaining.
climbhigh

Post by climbhigh »

How is your leg doing ? Have you been climbing at all ?
lucamaniac

Post by lucamaniac »

Nope Matt, no climbing. My ankle isn't song enough or stable enough for me to do a mild impact activity such as light jogging. I'ts not ready to take the impact of a fall.

When I do start climbing again, I'll get ahold of ya.
Redpoint

Re: Climbing off in Louisville

Post by Redpoint »

"It is difficult to estimate the potential damage of solvents; therefore the middle of the rope should never be marked with a felt-tip pen or similar. Although a danger might be improbable, it should never be ignored." Mammut
KD

Post by KD »

Redpoint!!!! Where ya been dude?
Redpoint

Post by Redpoint »

Ya even my blog has been ghost. Well I updated it, and I don't think many people on here will be surprised at the results: http://thegumbytwinkieexperiment.tripod.com/
"It is difficult to estimate the potential damage of solvents; therefore the middle of the rope should never be marked with a felt-tip pen or similar. Although a danger might be improbable, it should never be ignored." Mammut
rjackson

Post by rjackson »

What Hamsco said...
Pick myself up, stop lookin' back.
Grand Funk Railroad
jordancolburn

Re:

Post by jordancolburn »

t bone wrote:I have rode the mtb trails at otter creek and seen most of the rock there, you got to be pretty desperate to boulder there.
Yup, and depending on where you live a decently long drive. Might as well just go to muscatatuk in Indiana or for that matter drive all the way to the Red.
jordancolburn

Re:

Post by jordancolburn »

ralst4 wrote: Hamsco: Where is the wall in Cherokee Park?
Down near Big Rock in cherokee park. It's been a while so I can't give better directions, but you can see it from the road. There's a few 15 ft or so boulder problems that you can top out or a traverse you can do. Two or three of the boulder problems have a single bolt for a toprope anchor and the top, but it's really not worth the hassle to toprope anything.