11 Dec - 13 Dec

Need a partner?
stentora

Post by stentora »

lurkist- Thanks for the concern. Maybe I should rephrase- I've been outdoors climbing plenty. I just think of myself as a gym climber since I go to the gym 2x a week and only make it outdoors 2-4 times a month or so. I've been climbing for 5 years in new england. My trad climbing and multipitch leading ability is weak, but single pitch sport is fine. Additionally, I naturally climb harder in the gym than I do outside.

Sorry for not making all that clear before hand. I shouldn't have posted late at night - it just looked like everyone else was posting vaguely and maybe PMing all the details... Thanks for the good luck wishes on the interview. Cheers.
stevefm012

11-13

Post by stevefm012 »

I may also be looking to climb that weekend. It would likely be a short day/s, especially on Sun. (need to get the kids bathed and to bed for school). I haven't climbed reg in years, but, chasing bolts in the 10s is no problem (I get out about every 3rd wkend). It will likely be too cold for my wife (who climbs more than I do). Also I'm a new NP and worked at UK for years (NSICU) and know the UK scene and some the Docs that climb. If nothing else you may be able to barrow a rope or pimp me for more info later if you go to school here.

Steve
OSUbuckeye

Post by OSUbuckeye »

If the weather looks pleasant enough towards the end of the week I'll be heading to the Red and will happily lead any route you want to climb.
Filup

Post by Filup »

ohh shit count me in too haha!
OSUbuckeye

Post by OSUbuckeye »

I knew I could count on you phil!
Wes

Post by Wes »

So, how do you feel about ice climbing? Might be the thing to do this weekend. Lot's of rain today/tonight, then hella cold starting tomorrow night.

I hear UK has a pretty nice indoor climbing gym...
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Filup

Post by Filup »

haha i really doubt there will be any ice on the rock by saturday, if there was any at all. according to the weather link on this site to accuweather it might be climbable friday, saturday and sunday, but you can't really trust weather reports anyway.
OSUbuckeye

Post by OSUbuckeye »

Phil, if we only climb half a day on saturday I'm totally in to climbing this weekend
Filup

Post by Filup »

haha does that mean a full day on sunday, or no climbing on sunday at all? Either way im down.
OSUbuckeye

Post by OSUbuckeye »

cool, I'll probably head down friday evening and camp two nights, should be a good time and damn fuzzy undercling