best 5.8 multi pitch trad

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
Josephine

Post by Josephine »

in the gunks, bedtime for bonzo would probably be a 5.4. it is not stout. the 2nd pitch is exposed.... for the red. not exposed like the gunks. but if you really want muli-pitch trad follow wes' suggestions.
"Unthinkably good things can happen, even late in the game." ~ Under the Tuscan Sun
tradisrad

Post by tradisrad »

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! We will give the mentioned lines a try and let you guys know

Josephine-sounds like you are quite the trad stud :oops: ! I guess I know who to call if I have to bail off anything
tradisrad

Post by tradisrad »

gripster wrote:go to table rock NC and get on white lightning, then swing over and do second coming, followed by hidden cracks. that should give you your fix.
Where is this table rock crag? I can't seem to find it in the online guidebook.
anticlmber

Post by anticlmber »

he meant foxfire.
also:
diamond in the crack
good tang
full moon
dirty rastafarian scoundral
Like me on facebook but hate me in real life
endercore

Post by endercore »

into purple valley
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

http://www.redriverclimbing.com/RRCGuid ... hp?id=1145

You could use the #2 that AgentWTF fused as a starting point for your anchor. Bring up the second to the hanging belay and finish the job.
camhead

Post by camhead »

Josephine wrote:
Saxman wrote:Stout = 5.8? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
he's from the Gunks. a 5.8 in the Gunks is no joke.
Yeah, Gunks 5.8 = RRG 5.12. Really. I know because someone from the Gunks told me so.
faceholdonacrackclimbDAB!
tradisrad

Post by tradisrad »

Bcombs-how is the drive into muir valley? Would my lexus be OK? In general, what are the cliffs not accesible in such a car? I understand that muir alley is some sort of private climbing park. How much does admission cost? Also, I will be traveling with two dogs. They generally like to roam around in meadows and are very friendly pooches :D. Are there a lot of nice places in muir valley for me to let my dogs roam?
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

Horny B at Fortress...obscure classic!

For the non-trolls who are interested.
There is no TEAM in I
bcombs

Post by bcombs »

tradisrad wrote:Bcombs-how is the drive into muir valley? Would my lexus be OK? In general, what are the cliffs not accesible in such a car? I understand that muir alley is some sort of private climbing park. How much does admission cost? Also, I will be traveling with two dogs. They generally like to roam around in meadows and are very friendly pooches :D. Are there a lot of nice places in muir valley for me to let my dogs roam?
Ha ha...

Your dogs should be fine, but Muir has a no Lexus rule. Muir is $20.00 per day per visitor. Send your donation...err...admission to the Friends of Muir Valley.

Have fun on your epic adventure!