Porter Hangers

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.

Have you actually fallen on a Porter hanger?

You may select 1 option

33%
67%

Total votes: 33

dbrayack

Post by dbrayack »

You can all send your checks directly to me - make it out to "Dan Brayack"
www.brayackmedia.com
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

What bolts are you planning on using?
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
dbrayack

Post by dbrayack »

Oh i'm just playing - i bolt at the new where i use 2 3/4" plated expansion bolts and the cheapest hangers I can find.....so its not that expensive - maybe 4 bucks a bolt (including hanger)
www.brayackmedia.com
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

Not you, hutch.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
JB

Post by JB »

good lord, you and the merf are having a kid??
[size=75]i may be weak, but i have bad technique[/size]
captain static

Post by captain static »

Any hard climbing on your property? Let pigsteak develop it for you in exchange for his exclusive access.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
whatahutch

Post by whatahutch »

Yep, we are having a little boy. It's scary (just think about it, Me and Mere put together), but a blessing too. We are planning for everything to go all natural. He is due in Sept.

I see a child prodigy.

As for the climbing it is sort of limited. It is a minicrag. I have put four routes up already and four or five more will go and I want to put them up as cheap as possible. I have been using 4 and 1/4 by 3/8 bolts and 3 and 1/2 by 1/2 for the anchors. I will probably get longer 1/2 bolts if I go with the Porter hangers. Sort of make up for the cheap way out on the hangers.

There is a better area near my fathers, like 5 miles away, that one of my childhood friends bought that I hope to start developing. It has a few boulderfields and miles of cliff lining 180 acres. (An hour southwest of Louisville). I plan to put the best, all stainless and ass long bolts and hanger in everything.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... c23eea9af9
"Come to send, not condescend" - Eddie Vedder
allah

Post by allah »

Those old hangers were when they were new probably held many falls. I think it would be fine to use them for a few years or so then re-equip them with "real hangers". I would figure out how to trim down the sharp edges though
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Take bcombs advice, just call up fixe
Living the dream
mike_anderson

Post by mike_anderson »

How are you going to cut and drill through 3/8" steel?

If your answer is "hacksaw", you won't get very far before you buy hangers. How much is your time worth?