Skills, you need mad skills.

Placing a cam? Slotting a nut? Slinging a tree?
krampus

Post by krampus »

Are there not three threads currently running with the exact same topic. I got tired of the first one after a page. Its like chain smoking Camel Non-filters when you have bronchitis.
How you compare may not be as important as to whom you are compared
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

I've noticed that the people who claim the purity and difficulty of trad over sport can't climb hard sport OR TRAD. And most just TR the damn routes anyway. "Ooh, look at me. So pure as I hang dog up this 5.8 on TR."

Your egos are quite amusing.
L K Day

Post by L K Day »

Climbers that are doing 5.12 grade VIs in the Karakorum crush at sport. They climb sport because they enjoy it, because it's a challenge in itself, and also because it's good training and a stepping stone to the really hard stuff. You can argue that a RRG sport climb is "just as hard" as grade six high altitude wall until you're blue in the face. But that won't make it so, suckas.
Fartspray

High altitude FOX news surfing nothing lees than Extreme....

Post by Fartspray »

Damn Larry, you are so right. Rad skills are needed !

Last edited by Fartspray on Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I want to be in Kentucky when the end of the world comes, because it's always 20 years behind" - Mark Twain.
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

How many people are we talking about here "climers that are doing 5.12 grade VIs in the Karakorum? A dozen or so ? less? None of them, will ever get to the top of Lucifer. So I'm arguing that a RRG sport climb is impossible for you and your dozen sixth grade snow sloggers, sucka. Does Impossible = "just as hard" in your world L K Day?
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty
L Day

Post by L Day »

Tomo Cesen soloed 5.13c. Don't even know if he's still with us, as his chosen avocation was not only difficult but dangerous as well. But I'd bet that he could out climb 99% of RRG sporties on their turf, and 100% on his.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Soloing 13c is no big deal anymore. Athleticism in climbing is owned by Sharma, Graham, Ondra, etc. These guys could out climb 99.9% of anyone on any piece of stone. Larry, I'm sorry that you sound like a Nascar fan whose favorite driver has been beat.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
charlie

Post by charlie »

So, I want to know who setup the redirect from redriverclimbing.com to rockclimbing.com.

I'll personally volunteer to give all trad climbers 3 points and a red star and likewise give sport climbers 3 points and a blue star.

Everyone else that didn't engage in these conversations gets no stars, cause I doubt they believe they need them.
L Day

Post by L Day »

SCIN wrote:Soloing 13c is no big deal anymore.
That's absolutely right. I think Tomo might have done that more than ten years ago.
ahab

Post by ahab »

what if you climb both and participated in all 8 current "x is harder than y" threads? purple stars?
buy the Ticket take the Ride