peregrine falcons?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
elcapitan1974

Post by elcapitan1974 »

Hopefully they will not cause closures to our cliffs. Ive been in the Shortoff , Nc area several times and had been denied due to the falcons.
stoned monkey
Ascentionist

Post by Ascentionist »

From the belay at the baseof Where Lizards Dare, looking east and up to the top of the cliffline there used to be a tree hanging from the top. Saw two up there after they released them in Dunkan Branch area a few years ago.
There is no TEAM in I
heath

Post by heath »

Closures are usually only through the nesting period in a lot of places.
"You're a long way from home now, Buddy" - Ted kindly pointing out a ran out mess.
ynot

Post by ynot »

I spooked something coming down the trail from Lower small wall several years ago. I can't say for sure it was a perigrin but it didn't look like a hawk. Could have een a big owl.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
woodchuck008

Post by woodchuck008 »

Pretty bird, fast bird. We got 'em living on ledges of skyscrapers in downtown Chicago. Several each year.
KD

Post by KD »

They are nice as far as cool birds and all that goes but I hope if there are any found that people will not say anything about it. The feds always overreact and close down everything around them to give them privacy to screw an have chickies and all that stuff. That's great if they really need as much room as the feds give them but usually they way way overdo it and close too much. Already they have closures all over the gorge and even the "temporary" ones have been closed for years now and all anybody does is kiss their feddy butts and have little meetings and pretty much hope they dont close more. So - I hope they're either kept secret or fly away or go to florida or new york or eden park or something like that.
toad857

Post by toad857 »

KD wrote:The feds always overreact and close down everything around them to give them privacy to screw an have chickies and all that stuff.
well said
toad857

Post by toad857 »

woodchuck008 wrote:Pretty bird, fast bird. We got 'em living on ledges of skyscrapers in downtown Chicago. Several each year.
can you blame them? pigeons taste wonderful.
Sloopy

Post by Sloopy »

Andrew wrote:Never have, and hope I never do.

One time at moore's wall in NC, when I was hang doggin the right variation of Zeus (13c)
Right. Because the route being 13c has everything to do with seeing the bird. :P
"You can't spell 'failure' without u r a." -Dr. C.

You have either have got the spirit or you don't. If you've got the spirit you rock; and if you don't... well, you're a sport climber. -Leonard Coyne
Like This

Post by Like This »

I've heard some pretty cool birds around. Heard an eagle once-- never saw him, sadly. Heard something else that day, too. Turned out it didn't come from a bird, but from Powen. Followed by a fowl, fowl smell... :x Aaah, the joys of being the baby of the group. :roll:
"When you feel something, don't just yell 'STRIKE!' and then pull out. Leave your probe where it is." -JH

I love you too, Ray!!