whatever happened to onsight climbing???

Discussions full of RAGE!
Wes

Post by Wes »

I cannot remember the last time I "had" to wait in line at the red. There are sooo many routes and crags out there, you never "have" to wait in line.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

sure you do wes..if you are a super trad stud who loathes bolts on anything over 5.8...where you been climbing?

I'm with you...I can't think of the last time I "waited" for a route at the Red...just keep moving..there is plenty to go around.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

Maybe "wait" was the wrong wording. "Be in the vicinity of a bunch of loud mouthed morons with endlessly barking dogs, and the one route with any stars on the wall has twenty Germans waiting to get on it." Or, in the event you can't just go hop on the nearest 5.11, "have to wait for the group of twenty Germans to finish running laps on the only sub-5.10 route on the wall." Or something like that. I'm just saying that Blue Heron has a ton of nice routes and there's nobody there. It's about a half hour further from Lex than the Red.

A warning about the Big South Fork: the routes are used so little they're a bit on the manky side. Also, you have to climb up to the parking lot at the end of the day.

Oh, and the steam train running down the valley is a neat thing.
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
Wes

Post by Wes »

Alan Evil, u r dumb
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

was that your group you are describing alan evil?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.