Thoughts and Prayers Needed for Jeremy

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

any update?
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

I saw Jeremy last night. He has been moved from ICU. Jeremy is breathing competely on his own and is given suppliment O2. He breathes through a trach tube in his neck. He is still very much in a coma. He moves the left side of his body(arm, fingers, leg and toes) but not much on his right. It is difficult for me to say if those movements are deliberate or just involuntary and so I will not try and suggested that either way. He had a small case of a lung infection(pneumonia) that is under control with meds. He coughs a lot still because there is fluid that builds up in his lungs from being on his back so much. They are able to clear his lungs with suction through his trach tube.

It's all a waiting game now. Keep him in your thougths and prayers and also his dear friends and family. There is talk that he will be moved from the hosp. to a care facility by the end of the week.
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

So very sad... :(
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
diggum

Post by diggum »

No doubt. Healing vibes for Jeremy...
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
Lateralus

Post by Lateralus »

Creator, I don't know Jeremy but as a fellow climber and a lover of the Red I count him as my brother, one of our own, and he is broken.
We humbly request that you mend his wounds and pull him through this difficult challenge. Your power is great and the seeds of hope are planted in us all.
Be with Jeremy and his family and fill them with your nuturing, healing light.

Phew I'm not good with prayers but I gave it a shot--

that being said the first time I stayed at the Red for any length of time, think it was fall 99 maybe, we were at the Motherlode and a bunch of strong young guys were trying Convicted. Most of these young dudes were actually quite burly, muscular and kind of trash talkers for lack of a better word. Then this tiny little Asian guy with a smile bigger than he was gets up for his turn. He just floated his way up it with grace and style, smiling the entire way. No trash talking or ego there, he was just enjoying the moment and you could really tell he loved climbing, for all the right reasons. I was really impressed with that climbing performance but much more with his attitude. Kudos Jeremy
"Good things take time, impossible things take a little longer"
Percy Gerutty
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

thanks Lateralus!

Jeremy is such great guy, a talented climber and a wonderful person. He has soo much potential in life and it just breaks my heart to see him this way.

I am so thrilled to see that Ray used a really cool picture of Jermey climbing at the Motherlode is the new guide book. Jermey is going to be so psyched to see that!!
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

To our friend Jeremy,
Please get better.
I want to see you climbing at the cliff again.
Hugh
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie
allah

Post by allah »

HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY FUCKIN CARE? NO ONE VISITS IN ANYMORE, AND IM TIRED OF BEING EVERYONES FUCKIN MESSEGE BITCH ITS PISSING ME OFF OR THAN ANYTHING. NONE OF YOU ACTUALLY CARE
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

Allah,

My brother died 3 years ago at 37 years old, and I felt exactly as you do when I sat with him at the hospital for 3 months. I thought of everyone who acted like they cared, but rarely showed their face. I later learned that the reasons are varied: some people are anxious in hospitals, others think they have to say something witty or wise when there, so they avoid it altogether. True, some people don't care that much..after a week it is out of their mind. But I am guessing many more do really care, and have zero idea how to express their concern.

I am glad you posted your anger. I, for one, needed to hear the pain. Trying times can put us all situations we rarely have to deal with.

That being said, you will find your friends on here want to know how Jeremy is doing, and how you are doing as well. Please post updates here, so we won't bother you with so many calls.
Kipp
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

I love you darlin. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast