Wierd

Discussions full of RAGE!
meetVA

Post by meetVA »

diglet's in the race! woo-hoo!
watch out world, here comes the super-model!
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
- Emo Philips
marathonmedic

Post by marathonmedic »

They're both so cute!
Ticking is gym climbing outdoors.
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

Paul3eb wrote:haha.. no, but i may be unfairly biased to chicago. i do know, though, that it's considered one of the better ones and one of the flatter ones by other people, too. hopefully the fact that i love chicago isn't clouding my opinion too much
I was going to say that just getting a spot in the Chicago marathon can be tough, so I looked at the website, and it's already full - so it's a moot point this year. If folks are considering it for next year, I'm sure that a 'support team' could be put together here of sofas to crash on and folks to yell mockingly*, er, cheer supportively along the course. I've heard that the Chicago marathon is picked as a lot of recreational runners' favorite marathon for the flat course and wacky neighborhood entertainment along the route (mariachi bands in the big Mexican neighborhood, 'cheerleaders' and djs in the big gay neighborhood, dragon dancers in Chinatown, running through the loop and along the lake, etc.)

(*Has anyone else read Hunter Thompson's 'writing' about marathons? :wink: )
Bacon is meat candy.
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

I want to take a nap. all this talk about running has made me tired.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
longlegsrule

Post by longlegsrule »

so i got my midsummer night's run packet...adult small t-shirts are WAY too big for me...and I'm tired of having t-shirts that i never wear...so I got a "The Fastest Kid in Town" shirt instead :mrgreen:
From Kentucky ;o)
diggum

Post by diggum »

not being hateful here...i promise...
why are you promoting this run so much LLR? are you looking to place?
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
longlegsrule

Post by longlegsrule »

nope definately not that good yet...

bc a lot of the people on this board are close to it...and in case someone else out there loves running as much as I do...but doesn't know much about where/when races are...

it's only $15 online...

and...I've been wanting to run in this race since I was a little girl...wait scratch that...I was never little...since I was a younger girl... :lol:

and I had fun at the race I was in up here in Cincy...even though I know MSNR is going to be WAY more crowded...

and...I'm running by myself...hoping someone else will say they run as slow as I do and will join me...
From Kentucky ;o)
diggum

Post by diggum »

i'm running it...been registered for a couple months but i'm sure you are MUCH faster than i am. i'll see you at the finish line though!
i know a couple others who are running it too.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
lordjim_2001

Post by lordjim_2001 »

So where do the procedes go? There aren't any links on that page you have in your sig.
Screw you guys. I'm going bowling.
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

FAQ wrote:For what are the proceeds used?
The money collected from the entry fees for the race goes to defer the cost of organizing the event. The purpose of the event is to promote healthy lifestyles and fitness in families and communities around the Bluegrass.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley