Post by Paul3eb »

it's twelve o'clock somewhere.. ;)
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

On some beach....

Diggum wrote:
Just getting to 12 minute miles.
Don't worry about it, Diggum, I think you are great! I know with your drive, speed will come for you.

I've been running for years (had to stop for a year and a half while I was ill), and my best 5k time was only 26 minutes. I have no problem with that! I'm inately slow and no matter how hard I train, less than 8-9 minute miles in a distant run kills me. I ran a 6 minute mile once, but it really took the joy out of running for me. That's why I run because I love to run. I climb because I love to climb. I compete only with myself. That way, I always win! I'm changing jobs as we speak because I have to run on treadmill right now and I miss being outside running in nature.

Stick with it, Grrl!
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

you heard her....grrrrrrrrl
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Diggum ran a great first race today. Very nice times.

I forgot about the nipple thing, and while I was wearing synthtics, I was glad the race was not any longer, otherwise I think it would have become really uncomfortable.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

what did you two run? the 10K in Lex?
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Wes

Post by Wes »

pigsteak wrote:what did you two run? the 10K in Lex?
Yep. Super fun race. Not to hilly.
diggum

Post by diggum »

Wes kicked butt!

Was indeed a fun race. Seeing the stampede of heads & shoulders was inspiring.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
mgad

Post by mgad »

I think there are a number of ways to look at it. If one pictures the backdrop of say trees and the beauty of nature and then a stop light with a few bodies popping up and down at various intervals it can have a comic perspective.

As far as the actual method their choice and may they enjoy themselves and we enjoy our selves in a less critical atmosphere. The older I get the more I want to do things I enjoy that don't harm anyone. Like possible when I hear a good song stopping the car by the side of the road and dancing a bit. Why not I'm alive!

As far as latent homosexual WeLLLL!
Riding this wanderer to a better day!
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

mgad wrote:
Like possible when I hear a good song stopping the car by the side of the road and dancing a bit. Why not I'm alive!
Yep! Pulled the Hylander over last week and did the Queen head bang thingy with my grandbuddies! 8) One of the best moments of my life!

Let 'em stare! :P
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS