Wierd

Discussions full of RAGE!
skychick

Post by skychick »

meetVA wrote:Any suggestions on other ways to relax one's upper body while running?
This may not be a solution to people that have 'serious' problems...but I used to get a pinching feeling in my shoulders from time to time. The solution I have used has been to (at roughly the end of every mile and when I have just run up hill) let my arms hang by my sides & shake them out for a few steps. I find that lowers my arms into a more 'comfortable' place and the pinching reduces.

I also pretend that all of the pain in my body is being shaken from my finger tips, when I do that. But obviously, this part may not be for everyone.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

orange and deep blue.....hmmmp.

brah.

(and you do climb like a dude...only better, btw. thanks for hanging all those draws yesterday after my puppy ate off all your left side gear loops.) :(
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
longlegsrule

Post by longlegsrule »

pigsteak wrote:after my puppy ate off all your left side gear loops.) :(
hey I have one of those harnesses too!!! :D they make great backup harnesses for friends that come with you to the crag that don't necessarily climb...
From Kentucky ;o)
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

Meadows wrote:And smarty pants, since cotton doesn't wick moisture, they end up with the problem.
synthetics are just as bad. the problem is the salt, not that moisture. when i first started training i wore nike synthetics.. then i realized they didn't make much of a difference and actually kept me hotter. the cotton ended up wet and helped me cool down and was essentially no different than the synthetic other than it didn't smell nearly as bad at the end of the day.
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Really? I had the opposite experience and I run a lot. check your torso for tinea versicolor since you're keeping all that moisture locked in.
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

doesn't look like i have anything.. it's been a while since i've been running, though.
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
marathonmedic

Post by marathonmedic »

skychick wrote:
meetVA wrote:Any suggestions on other ways to relax one's upper body while running?
This may not be a solution to people that have 'serious' problems...but I used to get a pinching feeling in my shoulders from time to time. The solution I have used has been to (at roughly the end of every mile and when I have just run up hill) let my arms hang by my sides & shake them out for a few steps. I find that lowers my arms into a more 'comfortable' place and the pinching reduces.

I also pretend that all of the pain in my body is being shaken from my finger tips, when I do that. But obviously, this part may not be for everyone.
Shadowbox like you're Rocky. Sure it looks kind of dumb, but you only need to do it for a couple of steps to loosen up a bit and see where your tight.
Ticking is gym climbing outdoors.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

meadows might start a new fashion statement with the left side gear loopless harness...in fact, the new piglet corollary states that any route sent hanging the draws, when one side of the harness has no gear loops, makes the route 1.5 letters harder.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
alien2

Post by alien2 »

There are a few routes that would be 2 or more letter grades harder. Have you every been in a desperate situation and your gear is sandwiched somewhere out of reach? It can make it 2 grades harder sometimes.
You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

~ Napoleon Dynamite
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Last weekend we bolted a route, climbed it, and cleaned it. The draws were already hanging on the route when we went to redpoint it. Bruisebrother insisted that it was unacceptable to lead the route with pre-placed draws. I tried to argue that this was okay to do when sport climbing, but he made all of us take them off, put them back on our harness, and then put them back on the wall when we led the route. Of course, he did the same.
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder