Wierd

Discussions full of RAGE!
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

tsparks...

finishing a marathon, or finishing without walking?..big difference. anyone can walk 26 miles given enough time. I know..I walked the last 14 miles of a marathon once...wasn't fun, but wasn't particularly hard to do either.

and I never said finishing a marathon "sucked"..can't quote piggie on that one.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
tsparks

Post by tsparks »

Sorry to have misquoted you on that.

Do you consider walking through a couple of water stops 'walking'?
$DO||!$DO; try
try is not a command
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

lol..I'm just messing with ya....I only issue Pigsteak Corollaries on climbing ethics. Running is out of my league. Besides, I'd say if a person is happy with their performance, then call it what you want. However, if a person says they "ran" a marathon, then I assume I have a right to assume that they ran....
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

That's why I always say that I "completed" the Marine Corps Marathon. I walked the last 10 miles.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

see, sprag has the spirit....(btw, nice job sprag!)
..would you do it again?

I don't thing I'll ever run another marathon...too much training. (I ran 5.)

EDIT: I ran 4...completed another :wink:
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

LOL! Nope. It took too much time and I can't run anymore. Getting up at 5 am to run sucks major bootie. I cannot imagine the impact it would have on rock climbing. So, nah. But I'm glad that I did it. My next goal was a triathalon, but that's out of the picture too b/c of running. Dammit! I'm just not willing to blow my knee. I'll probably have to have knee replacement at some point and I want to postpone that as long as possible.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
marathonmedic

Post by marathonmedic »

Paul3eb wrote:the crowd might slow you up a little through the first few miles.. but it depends on what you're willing to do for the most part. if you don't want to dodge and dart, you're going to be slowed down. if you mauever you're way through the field, you'll be able to keep pretty close to your pace time.
Another possibility can be used in races that use the chip timing system. Check with the organizers first, but if you sat behind the start/finish line for about 10 minutes after the gun, you could run without so much traffic. Your race time should start when you cross the start line, not when the gun goes off. You'd still have to fight through traffic, but it would be a lot more spread out by the time you got to it.
Ticking is gym climbing outdoors.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Got Jack Daniel's book today and have read the first couple of chapters. So far, I love it. He has a great way of explaining things and gets straight to the point. I like it better than Galloway's book already.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
diggum

Post by diggum »

Is it geared to beginners at all? I read the preview on Amazon & it seemed to be geared more for people who've been running/training for a while.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
marathonmedic

Post by marathonmedic »

How about advice on keeping a training program going? I keep fizzling out on mine.
Ticking is gym climbing outdoors.