Wierd

Discussions full of RAGE!
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

just remember folks..no matter what marathon you choose, no running in place at stoplights, unless you are holding hands with ho or scin.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
cassio598

Post by cassio598 »

SCIN wrote:I took your recommendation and bought the Jack Daniel's running book yesterday. Looking forward to reading it. From the sample pages on Amazon it looked pretty good. The statements from the olympian runner are insane (dude loved 200-300 mile weeks!).
pigsteak wrote:cassio..there aren't many mortals able to pull off 2:30-2:45....but I commend those with the work ethic and genes to do that. That's sub 6 minute pace for 26 miles...insane! no worries on the flame...pigsteak deserves a good flame. I, too, plan on picking up that Daniels book....thanks for the insight.
SCIN That would be Gerry Lindgren, nasty man from Washington and, until recently, holder of US Junior record for 5000m since circa 1976.

pigsteak Yeah, it'll be a lot of work, including 6-12 months of no climbing (difficult, I know), but I ran 16:07 for 5k when I was 17, so I figure the genes are in my favor.
Wes

Post by Wes »

http://www.oarevents.com/event.asp?id=43&catID=1

RRO and I are talking about doing this. 36 hours. 75 or 140 mile course.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

cassio...so your are planning on running your first marathon, or am I missing the context of your posts. Missing climbing is the number one reason I quit running fall marathons. It seemed insane to do all that running and training for one Sunday race. With climbing, success is instantaneous every weekend.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
t bone

Post by t bone »

I hate to run any more, I would rather mtn bike 30 miles of hard hilly single track. But i use to run alot, and have ran 2:36 marathon and 4:16 mile run back in my younger days.
Mazz

Post by Mazz »

Wes, wouldn't you rather drink for 36 hours? Cripes. Have you learned nothing???
www.lightontheland.com
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

If I hit a redlight when I'm running I turn.

After running a 5k in very competetive time (don't ask, I can't remember) I quit because of a hip problem from a car wreck. But I've started again and I just leave from the house and run (and walk) for 20 minutes, and then I head back to the house. I try to go a different way every day. If I hit a red light I just turn. Usually I'm headed generally for the river but I can't predict where I'll end up. I'm not going to shoot for a long run because of my earlier problems but it takes up so much less time than biking (my first passionate athletic love and still a passion).

So, in conclusion, jogging at a redlight is ghey. Just turn and run left or right. Jeez. Fuck distance. Jog for time. If you need to know how far you ran, drive it the next day.
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
marathonmedic

Post by marathonmedic »

tsparks wrote:There's one in each city that I know of: Columbus, Chicago and Indianapolis ... all in Oct.
Yeah, I knew about all of those, I was just wondering if anyone had any personal experience with any that they wanted to recommend. There are lots of choices in the fall and I would just like to make an educated decision.[/quote]

La Salle in Chicago was ranked among the best in the world by Runners' World a while back. Indy's course sucks, a lot of it is out and back. I might be a bit biased about Indy though. I did the fall mini a few years ago and had the worst run of my life. Runs where I puked rank higher than that one.
Ticking is gym climbing outdoors.
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

i ran it once and have been to it to support two other times and i think the chicago marathon is incredibly fun.. but that's just me.
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
longlegsrule

Post by longlegsrule »

so i think a scoop of ice cream...after running 4 mi...on your 2nd day of running in many years...is a good idea :mrgreen:

total positive reinforcement
From Kentucky ;o)