What is this?

captain static

Post by captain static »

I second that. As I have been telling people, the Coroner is the last Lee Co. official that I want to meet. I also have a feeling that his may take more than a one day effort.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh

Post by Guest »

I just caught up on all of this. What a mess...

So I looked up some motion detector camera prices today. Ballpark, distributor cost (which I can get) is $150 for B&W and $225 for color. Trouble is where to mount them.. I dunno if it's a good solution. It's certainly not cheap, but could be a better long term plan. I can get more details if y'all think it's an avenue to explore. We'd also have to invest in power supplies and a DVR (that we would hide) and cabling. I think this would only be a solution at one area, and it would have to be an area where we could hide the cabling and recording equipment. Cameras can easily be hidden, but pointing them correctly in order to get good images will be the challenge.

I'm sure we could hold a fundraiser for this purpose. Perhaps a gear sale? Maybe we could outfit several parking areas. Just some thoughts.
the lurkist

Post by the lurkist »

I like that Sandy.
The prices seem approachable.
Could these be something that are brought out on a day to day basis? Coverage while the parking areas are in use?
"It really is all good ! My thinking only occasionally calls it differently..."
Normie