Over?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.

Are you done climbing for the summer?

You may select 1 option

View results

SCIN

Post by SCIN »

The holds don't get worst in the summer. That's just a mental block. I had my hardest sends last year in the heat of June and Artsay just had hers in the thick humidity of this past weekend. She sent Stain at the Lode like it was Fuzzy Undercling.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

congrats Artsay...so much of the Red isn't friction dependent anyway...climbing can be had year round.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Yeah, it might be more of a problem at Horse Pens, but not the Red. We always climb right through the heat and humidity. I don't climb easier routes than usual (or have more difficulty sending), but I tend to take longer rests and drink extra water.... and the days are much longer so there is extra sunlight for an ealier start or a later finish to the day.

By the way, nice send Artsay!
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
Wes

Post by Wes »

Nice work Michelle, you are kicking serious ass these days.

I think it is a bit harder to send project level stuff (depending on the route) if the conditions are bad. I was on chainsaw Friday, and holding on to the rest felt way harder then it did last time I was there when it was cold. So, I don't really plan on sending personal limit stuff this summer, but just working pretty hard for me stuff. Sending isn't as important as the effort anyway, so as long as you keep trying hard, all is well.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Thanks, guys! :D

You're right about slopers, piggy. The slopers on Stain were the only holds that gave me trouble with the humidity so I had to work around using them. Some routes make a difference more than others but there are definitely a ton of RRG routes that don't get affected as much by the humidity because the holds are just so big.
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

i climb shirtless in december b/c i get to hot while im on a route, the summer heat kills me. i overheat and then my send is shot. im still going to damn well try though.
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Artsay, Fantastic work! That route is hard.