Over?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.

Are you done climbing for the summer?

You may select 1 option

View results

Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Wes wrote: then once fall hits, all the holds will feel like someone made them bigger.
Yeah, man! I see summer as a time to practice falling since I can't hang onto the holds!
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

I just want my feet to heal so I can get climbing again. leading in sandels is BAD!
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

by bad do you mean dumb?
im planning on going trad climbing more cause im not climbing as hard of grades, i still enjoy it alot and im learning every time i go out. see ya'll down there!
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
Rhya

done!? really!?! people stop just 'tis summer?!?!

Post by Rhya »

i just found this passion recently, and am having a hard time finding time to get on the stone to learn.. :) if you guys all quit cuz it is hot, WHO am i gonna learn from? lol :) i like reading all your posts, and if you guys stop climbing? you will not have anything to post, and i will not have anything to read at work.. while i am dreaming of being out there with ya guys!

tee hee

i am sooo hoping i will get out there soon... this weekend, i am heading down, but i am bringing the kiddos--
~~~~RhYa

"Exhaust the little moment
--for too soon it always dies.
May it be a moment of the Heavens, or one of the Earth
--it will never again come in the same guise."
Rhya, 2005
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

oh don't worry, they'll find crap to write about.
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
One-Fall

Post by One-Fall »

If you people would quit getting stronger and making me look bad, then I could take the summer off.
Can't we all just get along?
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

car issues aside, today we went to the motherlode and it was great.. a breeze kept the humidity off of us and the cliff kept the sun off us.. it was 90's but the rock felt fine and even i didn't get too sweaty..
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
diggum

Post by diggum »

Paul3eb wrote:i didn't get too sweaty..
well that just f'd up my fantasy. :twisted:
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Usually I find it to be quite comfortable in the forest during the summer months and a dip in the creek and a few cold beers at the end of the day makes it all worthwhile.

As long as I chase the shade then all will be well. Once I step out of the woods though (or climb above the treeline) I sometimes feel as if I'm entering a furnace.
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

quitters never were REAL climbers to begin with.... :twisted:
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.