Avoiding the crowds this weekend

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
rhunt

Post by rhunt »

dhoyne wrote:Trad routes are always less crowded than sport routes.
huh..ever wonder why?
"Climbing is the spice, not the meal." ~ Lurkist
Ballss

Post by Ballss »

you think muir will be crowded?
The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with you palm now...........
pawilkes

Post by pawilkes »

do you think muir will be crowded? is that a friggen joke or something? the parking lot overflows on most normal weekends. i don't even know whats going to happen this weekend. they should have a sign down by the road telling people to go somewhere else once the lot gets full or it could get ugly.
Sand inhibits the production of toughtosterone, so get it out and send.
Ballss

Post by Ballss »

i haven't been there yet. So no it wasn't a joke......but thanks for the heads up
The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with you palm now...........
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

pawilkes wrote:do you think muir will be crowded? is that a friggen joke or something? the parking lot overflows on most normal weekends. i don't even know whats going to happen this weekend. they should have a sign down by the road telling people to go somewhere else once the lot gets full or it could get ugly.
:D That's why we are working hard on developing many more new areas and walls. There are going to be new walls opening up for the next few years! Oh yeah! Lots of chossy rock with soft grades! Oh yeah! :D :D :D
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
ynot

Post by ynot »

I'll give a 12 pack to anyone who finds me at a crag in the Red this weekend.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
marathonmedic

Post by marathonmedic »

I figured you'd be hiding in The Kitchen.
Ticking is gym climbing outdoors.
Party Boy

Post by Party Boy »

Since I'm leaving for a while, I guess I'll let you in on a secret "super crag" - HEN'S NEST!

Don't tell.
"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." (John Muir)
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

Stewy911 wrote:i bet that roadsode attraction sees the most attention this weekend? anyone wanna bet a case of old style?
Dunno about that Stewy... we were there this weekend (gasp! we ventured outside of MUIR!) and it wasn't busy at all! Of course, that was yesterday when everyone else was either too sore or has nothing left on their fingertips....
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
chriss

Post by chriss »

I was at roadside on saturday and the place wasn't busy except the easy climbs to the right which were overrun. It actually seemed less busy than a normal weekend.

I think everyone thought it would be to busy and went somewhere else.