baby shower games - i need ideas

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
Canuck

baby shower games - i need ideas

Post by Canuck »

help!
i've been assigned the duty of setting up games for a baby shower. do any of you ladies have any good ideas for games? (tasting and identifying the jars of baby food has been vetoed by all involved.)
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

There's one thing (not really a game) that's fun to do where you have someone right down the first sentence the expected mother says when she opens each gift. Then you read it at the end of the shower. It's suppose to be the story of what she said the night the baby was conceived. It'll go something like, "Ohhh! It's so little! How is that suppose to fit?!?". :)

I was going to write a bunch of the games I know out but they're all here. Here's a link with three lists of baby games: http://www.babbee.com/baby_shower_games/contents1.html
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

I always had fun with the following:

1. Write the mother and father-to-be's names down and everyone comes up with as many baby names as possible using the letters from their names.

2. Give everyone a small token gift when they arive, i.e., rattle, diaper pin, pacifier. If a person utters the word "baby," the first person to catch it takes the goofer's gift. At the end of the shower the person with the most token gifts wins a prize and all the token gifts are given to the mother-to-be.

3. Pass out safety school scissors and a piece of typing paper to each person. Everyone puts the paper behind her back and tries to cut out a baby shape. Mother-to-be picks the winner.

4. Everyone tries while blindfolded to diaper a doll.

5. Everyone writes down what she thinks the mother-to-be's waist size might be. Closest wins.

Hope those help.
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
Artsay

Post by Artsay »

Oh yea! Here's a fun one...
Get a roll of toilet paper and ask each person to tear off the length of TP they think is the waist size of the mother-to-be. You'd be surprised how super wide most people think she is!

I also like the one where you have to draw a baby with a pencil and paper. But with the paper on your head instead of on the table!
Does he have a strange bear claw like appendage protruding from his neck? He kep petting it.
kato

Post by kato »

Put a big sheet of velcro on the wall and draw a big target on it, like a dart board. Then dress all the babies in fuzzy onesies...
No chalkbag since 1995.
Sco Bro

Post by Sco Bro »

A fully stocked bar always loosens things up and will lead to the spontaneous creation of games for the amusement of all. And won't that save you a lot of time and trouble trying to come up with baby shower games?

The mother to be should refrain from drinking and drinking games.
bcrock

Post by bcrock »

Pin the baby on the tit.

At first my wife thout it was a crazy idea. Then she decided to take a walk on the wild side. Most of the gals got a big kick out of it. Of course ther were a couple that turned their noses up.
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

bcrock wrote:Pin the baby on the tit.
One of our friends just had a baby and they're not used to speaking *gently*.... they're the cussing type. Whenever the baby needs to be fed, the hubby goes, "Jen, the baby wants your tits." And they say it with a straight face too, like that's what parents really say!

:oops: sorry, I have no baby shower games to share :P
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

A woman was visiting my Grandma with her 5 year old kid. Around lunchtime the kid walked up to her and said, "MOMMA! TITTY!!!" She then took him in and breastfed him.

For some reason I never get invited to baby showers so I also have no fun games to offer... :D
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
dingo

Post by dingo »

My wife used this for a baby shower. GEt some diapers and various candy bars. Unwrap the candy bars, put them in the diapers, and microwave them until they melt. Then you make people guess what candy bar is what.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthen's me.