Weekend Reports Anyone?

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Sat. - Went to Shady Grove. I absolutely love Crucify Me and Citizen's Arete. Can't wait for action on Far from God. I think I broke my toe.
Sun. - Went to Muir with a longtime friend who started climbing the same time I did. For the first time I belayed her on lead, and she got to catch some falls from me (something new for her). Fingertips were slowly fading.
Mon. - Sunshine and I went to the Indy wall. He did some great onsights/sends. Fingertips vanished. It really hurts to type and roll the mouse.
Last edited by Meadows on Tue May 24, 2005 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

Yasmeen wrote:Team Muir rocks. =)
Yes they do. Enjoyed their work all day Saturday.
[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

Yesderday's trip report:
Went to the Gallery with Paul and Whitney-- really cool atmosphere at that crag, as it's pretty isolated from the rest of Sore Heel. Random Precision and Different Strokes are really awesome routes, and not at all your typical RRG routes. Smack Dab, however, brought Paul close to quitting climbing. I'm pretty sure that route is Brother Stair's 5.11 older brother... only chossier...

I mean... Smack Dab is the best route ever... and everyone should climb it... we really think that with enough traffic, it could become the trade route it deserves to be... eventually, when enough holds and ledges break off, it could be a classic 5.13a...
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
busty

Post by busty »

Smack Dab, however, brought Paul close to quitting climbing.
I understand that feeling. I retired from climbing on Saturday after a frustrating day climbing (after more than a month since the last time I'd been out). I came out of retiredment on Sunday morning after sleeping on it. :lol:
I'm an experienced woman; I've been around... well, alright, I might not've been around, but I've been... nearby.
~ Mary Richards (Mary Tyler Moore Show)
Paul3eb

Post by Paul3eb »

was it cause the route was absolute choss? a complete pile? about six holds fell off and the quote of the day ended up being, "yasi, i'm happy that was your knees [that are in my ass] cause i thought it was the ledge [and that i had decked]" it was thanks to a very awesome belay that i still have my ankles

i need more c4
and great loves will one day have to part -smashing pumpkins
Power2U

Post by Power2U »

Hit the Muir for the first time this past weekend. Afer getting majorly lost looking for the Sanctuary and slogging around for an hour we fianlly found it. We used the wrong parking lot and ended up walking down the creek from the Joe Ponder Branch to Tantroft... only encountered one snake...yikes!

It was totally worth the hike as the Sanctuaty is amazing. Indy wall has some good lines too. Tripple Sec/50 Bucks is destined to be a classic among the ranks of Table of Colors! Jesus Wept is also a great climb. I can't wait to get back to The Muir, and especially check out the Solarium which everyone has been raving about. Thanks for all the hard for FOMV / First Ascentionists! Climb On!

Oh, and how about this weather :!: Now I am really psyched :D
Lest we all forget... climbing is a mostly meaningless pursuit that we do for fun.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Did the pure climbing thing in Boone. So much fun, I cannot believe I hadn't been there since last fall. Charlie and Steph were crushing for sure. And I think we have another bouldererering convert in Diggum - she did great, even if she now needs a skin graph for her fingers.
"There is no secret ingredient"

Po, the kung fu panda
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Any time you guys hit up NC, let me know.
Living the dream
overhung

Post by overhung »

I tried to hit you up and you turned me down. Sorry bastard. :D
I've had just about enough of this shit.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

You only picked one of the best weekends of the year.
Living the dream