Where are they all coming from?

Access, Rehab Projects, Derbyfests and more...
weber

Where are they all coming from?

Post by weber »

I was just entering into our database the last thirty or so persons who signed Muir Valley releases and noted the different places where these folks reside.

Of course the most were from KY, IN, OH, IL, and MI. Then, there were these:

Germany
Quebec
CA
CO
TN
AL
GA
NY
WI
NJ
WV
VA

Seems the Red's popularity is really growing. Close to 800 people signed releases for MV in the first 14 months. Thank goodness they don't all show up at once!

Rick
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau
Texas Pete

Post by Texas Pete »

Maybe some enterprising person could offer a shuttle service to major climbing areas of the the red.
young'n climber

Post by young'n climber »

I just went to muir this weekend, it kicks ass, i'm not suprised traffic is picking up for the red.
Alan Evil is a whiney fucking bitch.
_____

The quest for certainty blocks the search for meaning. Uncertainty is the very condition to impel man to unfold his powers.
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

With the Southern Region and Muir Valley I wonder how many more new routes there will be in another 5-10 years...

I just hope we can put them up on private land faster than the Forest Service closes them on their land.
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
tomdarch

Post by tomdarch »

I'm kind of surprised that there aren't enough from WI and ON to rate with IL and MI - tons of cheeseheads and folks from the Toronto area come down despite the 8-10 hour drive
Bacon is meat candy.
diggum

Post by diggum »

Looks to me like they *might* be coming from
Germany
Quebec
CA
CO
TN
AL
GA
NY
WI
NJ
WV
VA

:wink:

Very cool though. Just as long as they spread out their visits.
Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Or we spread out the development and continue to open up more cliffs! :D :wink:
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
chiza

Post by chiza »

is it thursday yet? I want it to be thursday NOW!! That would mean I would be climbing at Muir Valley.
dipsi

Post by dipsi »

It is Thursday! Go climb! :P
What I love about running is you can meditate while running. It's a peaceful place.

Sister Mary Elizabeth Lloyd, Runs marathons to raise money and awareness about children orphaned by AIDS
weber

Post by weber »

tomdarch wrote:I'm kind of surprised that there aren't enough from WI and ON to rate with IL and MI - tons of cheeseheads and folks from the Toronto area come down despite the 8-10 hour drive
Many from ON, overall -- just not in the last thirty or so that submitted releases.

Rick
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau