Liger

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
Spragwa

Liger

Post by Spragwa »

A friend of mine called me early this month to tell me that there are real Liger's being bread. I refused to believe this. He pointed me to the April addition of Maxim, page 134 and there it was, an article about Ligers. Has anyone else seen this? I still think it's a hoax but dang, it was huge! (Maybe it was an April fool's joke that Maxim played?)
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast
Alan Evil

Post by Alan Evil »

[size=75]You are as bad as Alan, and even he hits the mark sometimes. -charlie

"Not all conservatives are stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill[/size]
krazykid

Post by krazykid »

Wow! That thing is massive. He could probably reach most of the anchors in the Red in a single spring!
:shock:
gulliver

Post by gulliver »

Weird . there was something they called a tigion at a place called Jungle Larry's heading towards Naples,Fla. The story was Larry had mimicked the sounds of the female in heat and
lured the other into the shed. The result looked like a mangy lion. It had no peers and endlessly paced
a rut around it's enclosure.
It's a shame I gave those people some money, but it was worth seeing the llama spit on my roommate.
C'est Si Bon

Post by C'est Si Bon »

Ligers grow much larger than tigers or lions. This is because female lions and male tigers transmit a growth-inhibiting gene to their descendants. Being the offspring of a male lion and female tiger, the liger does not have this growth-inhibiting gene and typically grows larger than either animal. They will continue to grow during their lifespan until their bodies can no longer sustain their size
:cry: It doesn't sound like a good death for an animal that wouldn't exist if it weren't for human intervention.
It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy
gulliver

Post by gulliver »

what happened to pith helmets , khaki bush jackets and pants and boots?

you'd never catch a climber dressed like that :wink:
strum

Post by strum »

wow, that looks like a quickdraw with lockers attached to the colar, guess you might actually need 25KN for something that strong
4679 posts sine my last visit... I've been skiing too much
no grain

Post by no grain »

Pretty much the sweetest animal ever.
No big deal.
Saxman

Post by Saxman »

All of the big cats can interbreed. The result is offspring that can't breed, like a mule.
The theory of evolution is just as stupid as the theories of gravity and electromagnetism.
Spragwa

Post by Spragwa »

That's sad. So they just grow so large that they die. So sad.
Jesus only knows that she tries too hard. She's only trying to keep the sky from falling.

-Everlast