Climbing Rope Floor Mat

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
marathonmedic

Post by marathonmedic »

Hmm. Then maybe not. Thx.
Ticking is gym climbing outdoors.
marathonmedic

Post by marathonmedic »

But I am still in the market for an old rope!
Ticking is gym climbing outdoors.
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

Nice guidebook! Mine doesn't have the cover connected to it either. :D
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
busty

Post by busty »

I can't believe not one's mentioned the cool Bronaugh guide book. The rope is neat too. :)
I'm an experienced woman; I've been around... well, alright, I might not've been around, but I've been... nearby.
~ Mary Richards (Mary Tyler Moore Show)
88keys

Post by 88keys »

Thanks bunches Charlie!! I love my new rug!! I think about Johnny everytime I look at it.
RRO

Post by RRO »

The rug you did for 88 was amazing in person. The pic does not do justice at all. Look forward to ours. Got ropes for you !
http://www.redriveroutdoors.com

If you need to contact me , email me. Less Internet, less stress
charlie

Post by charlie »

Busty wrote:I can't believe not one's mentioned the cool Bronaugh guide book.
Yep, one of my first guides I got around '94. That was one of Johnny's ropes (well I guess Tina's since she always bought 'em) so I dropped the guide in there for the pic.
88keys wrote:Thanks bunches Charlie!! I love my new rug!! I think about Johnny everytime I look at it.
It was my pleasure, I thought about all the horrible one liners I'd heard him drop while I was weaving it. :)
RRO wrote:The rug you did for 88 was amazing in person. The pic does not do justice at all. Look forward to ours. Got ropes for you !
Cool, I'll get them soon and get started. This one's gonna be killah but you better clean those babies!!!
charlie

Post by charlie »

Y'all have probably seen a couple of my mats in Tackett's store. The one right by the cash register was the largest one to date but it took two ropes. This one is a new personal best, I managed to squeeze 4 wraps out of a single rope for Jared and Karla.

I'll post something soon for the auction, as long as you have ropes to retire why not get a mat and drop some cash for the PMRP? :wink:

Also, I'm compiling a comprehensive list of directions for a friend on how to do this. Frzsnow already makes killer hats so I figure she can pull this off better than me. I took a bunch of pics and have made a few drawerings of the pattern for her so it should be easy to pick up for anyone with time and patience and a knowledge of any type of weaving.
dah-le

Post by dah-le »

I wove my first rope (a 50m) into a nice oval mat using the 'ocean pleat' from the Ashley Book of knots...took a ton of space to do, but didn't take too long.
You can find further info in the tradgirl pages under 'what to do with an old rope'
http://www.tradgirl.com/climbing_faq/ge ... ance.shtml

-Dale
charlie

Post by charlie »

Yeah I made a couple with the oval weave too but they didn't hold their form too well so I started using this weave (also from the Ashley book). Takes quite a bit longer but in the end I think they hold their shape a lot better.