Acopa

Selling some gear? Find or lose something?
Crankmas

Acopa

Post by Crankmas »

Anyone have any experience with this companies' rockshoes? I was one click away from ordering and didn't like the shipping charges but would like some feedback if possible.
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

I almost ordered a pair too, but then I found the Bufo V-machines. Great shoe at a LOW price.

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
mazzystr

Post by mazzystr »

I got a pair of La Sportiva Mojos.

They cut through cracks like a hot knife through butter. You can't beat the price either ($72). Its amazing how cheap comfie trad shoes are. Sport climbing shoes are a ripoff...
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

sorry, I guess I forgot to mention Acopa
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

No, I understand you were looking at the Acopas. Like I said, I looked at them and they look pretty cool. Can you try a pair on anywhere? Rockclimbing.com may have some reviews in their "Gear" section (not the forum).

Mj
...quitting drinking is kinda like washing your hands after you take a crap...why start now?
strum

Post by strum »

A good friend of mine just got a pair of the B3s (I think that is what they are called, the velcro ones). He loves them, and they are wearing well too.
4679 posts sine my last visit... I've been skiing too much
Dsnydes33

Post by Dsnydes33 »

I just got a pair of B3s. I dont know how well they will hold up but so far they've been good. I wear a size 11 1/2- 12 street shoe, i got a size 11 b3. they're just a little too comfortable. I think next time i'll get a 10 1/2. I would reccomend them to anyone who likes velcro shoes.
bcrock

Post by bcrock »

In early 2003 I bought a pair of Acopa iCampas at a sale in California. They didn't have my size so I ended up with a pair 1/2 size too small. I used them as spares for several years. The more I wore them the more they stretched and the better they felt. I ended up liking them even though they wore out quickly. Early this year I called Acopa to find out where I could buy a pair. They were apologetic about the iCampas. Said that they no longer make the iCampa and that they are a different company now. They even gave me a pair of shoes to make up for the poor quality of the iCampas. They bent over backwards to try and fit me. They ended up sending me four pairs of shoes. I tried on several pairs of B3s. Radical toe box. All toes except the big toe are forced into the vertical position as opposed to horizontal like walking barefoot. That is not so bad, as many climbers fit their shoes that way anyway. The radical part is the outside edge. Instead of being flat it is a raised arch. Their web site explains it. I know it sounds a bit strange, but, it felt really good. Anyway, the B3s didn't work for me, as my feet are way too narrow. For someone with normal width feet they I would recommend the B3. I ended up with the Camelion. I didn't have the nerve to send them back too. My feet are just too damn narrow.

So, I have a pair of 11.5 Acopa Camelions I will sell cheap. The Camelions do not have the arched outer edge.
SikMonkey

Post by SikMonkey »

I made a post late last year/early this year about these lesser known shoe companies who have revamped their product line and are now selling a high quality product at a reasonable price and Bcrock's post is a perfect example of that. Bufo is equally as good to deal with as is a new company called CaVa, who actually use Stealth rubber on their shoes. The "big 3" (or 4 if you count Scarpa) will have to drastically change the way they do things if they are going to stay "the big 3".

Mj
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

Thanks for the feedback, I've been a little out of it, giddy knowing that Britney's pregger scene has been confirmed,