FINALLY something goes right. At least for now (ANWR info)

Movies, music, food, blood, dogs, Horatio.....
Yasmeen

Post by Yasmeen »

I was talking to my dad about the ANWR stuff, and he informed me that the whole drilling in Alaska would reduce our dependecy on foreign sources of oil by a whopping 1%. <sarcasm> Sounds worth it to me!! </sarcasm>
"I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory." --Paul
---
(Emails > PMs)
Uncle Big Green

Post by Uncle Big Green »

Drill.
democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for lunch
kato

Post by kato »

You can blame politicians all you want, but they are doing this because it's what the public wants. The public votes with ballots that have Washington, Lincoln, Jackson, and Franklin on them. If you drive an SUV, you've cast a $30,000 vote for drilling ANWR. I'm not attacking anybody (definitely not advocating drilling ANWR), this is just how it works. There may be people making noise about the environment, but collectively we are still buying big gas guzzling vehicles and driving them alot.

Don't expect the politicians to lead. They follow. They follow money. When people start spending most of their money on environmently friendly vehicles, the politicians will be right behind you.
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Very True Kato. We certainly need more options to be provided by the auto industry to enables to make the transition though. Some of us cannot fit our lives into the current size of electric powered vehicles.

SUV guilty party.
Just genuinely disengenuous.
kato

Post by kato »

Gretchen;
Here what you need to do. Find an engineer. Give them a big hug. Tell them that you love them and appreciate what they do. Give them lots of money and a design spec for a sporty electric vehicle.

OK, maybe that won't work, but the engineer will be happy!

M.
No chalkbag since 1995.