Gretchen is a BITCH

Discussions full of RAGE!
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Artsay wrote:jimmydean - Do I know you? :?
I'm curious as hell myself too.
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio

Post by Guest »

jimmydean wrote:...I was a good friend of John (I only write his name here because he's passed and cannot be hurt by the publice viewing)...
I vowed to stay out of threads like these, but I cannot let the above comment go unchallenged. If you are Julie, I know for a fact that you were not a good friend of John's. Even if you are not Julie, no friend of John's would say that John cannot be hurt by what is said here, because all of John's friends know that Tina reads this forum. John is gone, but anything that would hurt him will definitely hurt her. 'JimmyDean' you really should stick to the truth when you post, especially when you are defending Shannon and the RRGCC. I know your intentions are good, but (and I don't recall who said it) you are doing more harm than good with some of what you have written.

Since I am now in this thread, I will say that all of this bickering pains me. When Johnny died, I laid down the past and all of the negative experiences I had with the RRGCC. None of that mattered anymore, and it still does not. John wasn't happy with some of what occured with the coalition, but he always kept the goals in mind and he worked tirelessly to achieve them. He was always the voice of reason and diplomacy, too. My biggest regret in my dealings with the RRGCC is not the emotional distress it caused me, but the emotional distress I caused Johnny when I spoke out in anger against the coalition. I won't do it anymore, as it dishonors his memory. I would certainly like to see the RRGCC fix what is broken, but bitching and moaning simply isn't the answer. I don't have the answer, only the fine examples of the folks who, like Johnny, suck up the problems and keep plugging away and working for the greater good. My hat is off to all of you. When I find a way to balance my new career, my family, and my climbing, I will toss my hat back into the ring and offer my help to the coalition again. None of us can move forward if we are always looking behind us...
Last edited by Guest on Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SCGC

Post by SCGC »

I haven't seen you lazy ass climbers clean up a picnic table at Miguel's let alone an oil spill at the Muir. Just showing that you are schizo... take that abilify quickly before your next post.........

Post by Guest »

SCGC, I've always liked you and what you have said on this forum, but you are also not helping the coalition with your "fuck you" attitude... It's just more of exactly what people are saying turns them off to helping out. Just some food for thought.
SCGC

Post by SCGC »

I'm just burnt out on this subject. It's reached 9 pages of pointless banter. This dead horse is officially beyond dog food. Time for everyone to move on.
weber

Post by weber »

vic wrote:OMG... here's another painted image:
Let's put some oil on the Muir Valley land.
Aw shucks, Vic. Now you went and let the cat out of the bag. The "Webers" are just a pseudonym for "Spillco Oil Co." We've been eagerly awaiting the day when the bolting team of Jared and Karla withdraw a drill bit, and out from the rock comes a bubbling crude... oil that is... Black Gold... Texas tea...

And, it's approaching $60 a barrel!

(On a serious note, the place is dry. And, Liz cleared up the mineral rights issues before buying the land.)

Rick
We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. - Randy Pausch
None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. - Henry David Thoreau
KD

Post by KD »

weber wrote:
vic wrote:OMG... here's another painted image:
Let's put some oil on the Muir Valley land.
Aw shucks, Vic. Now you went and let the cat out of the bag. The "Webers" are just a pseudonym for "Spillco Oil Co." We've been eagerly awaiting the day when the bolting team of Jared and Karla withdraw a drill bit, and out from the rock comes a bubbling crude... oil that is... Black Gold... Texas tea...

And, it's approaching $60 a barrel!

(On a serious note, the place is dry. And, Liz cleared up the mineral rights issues before buying the land.)

Rick
yeah, but what about swifts lost silver mine? it's out there someplace - his map ive got here says mui... or is that murr... shit i cant read it.
vic

Post by vic »

Move on?
Come on, that's all we do... bitch, and then move on. I mean, look on the bright side of things: we really should do something, and there are so many options. For instance, we could strenghten the RRGCC, we could kindly vote out a few people, we could re-arrange things, we could have 100 people donating 10 minutes a week, instead of 4 people donating 20 hours a week, we could communicate more, we could fix more trails more often, we could welcome climbers, we could inform the community, we could fight for our rights, we could DO SO MUCH, but moving on doesn't seem right at all, and expecting all the above changes to take place under the current system will simply not happen.
! Enough with all that detestation ALREADY !
Smile & be thankful for what you have.
vic

Post by vic »

I love it... how realistic, how possible too... Drilling for oil... so that's how you keep all those people coming back to help on the Muir Land. All of you from IA and surroundings have free gas for life.
! Enough with all that detestation ALREADY !
Smile & be thankful for what you have.

Post by Guest »

I'm not sure if this movie is more relevent to this thread, or to the drug thread. At any rate, consider this a public service announcement(?), and put on your Depends before viewing:
http://www.softcitizen.com/director-mov ... ke&movie=3