Obed beta

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
cowboy

Obed beta

Post by cowboy »

Whats the best guide book for the obed. I think the Dixie Cragger is out of print. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Deep South Climber's Companion
Yo Ray jack dynomite! Listen to my beat box! Bew ch ch pff BEW ch ch pfff! Sweet!

-Horatio
Crankmas

Post by Crankmas »

check the southeast climbers website also , I remember Hamsco getting me some topos for clear creek and lily boulders from somewhere
J-Rock

Post by J-Rock »

www.drtopo.com might have some info also.
"Those iron spikes you use have shortened the life expectancy of the Totem Pole by 50,000 years."

--A Navaho elder
Dsnydes33

Post by Dsnydes33 »

The new dixie cragger is suposed to come out this month according to a post the author made on Seclimbers.org. Otherwise check out the south clear creek and lillys bluff topos on DRtopo.com they also have the lilly boulders topo.
herbalist

Post by herbalist »

there's no climbing at the obed.red river gorge climbers keep tell people that, theres climbing at the obed, so they don't go to the red.that's where you should go.yeah that's it.
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

there's only one printed guide for the obed...dixie craggers atlas...and it sucks anyway.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
ABACUS

obed

Post by ABACUS »

There is a new SE guidebook coming out this month but I think the information would be the same as the old one as their was a bolting moratorium mostly in between the guidebooks disallowing at least the posting of new routes. The dixie craggers atlas is the best guide for the area.. unless you only have a day or two and Drtopo will suffice.