la sportiva shoes

Gaston? High Step? Drop Knee? Talk in here.
usccabum1985

Post by usccabum1985 »

longlegsrule wrote:mythos are an awesome starter shoe...but that's about it
Bullshit! Best slab and crack shoe that I have ever owned. Just plane insulting. My 2 cents if its valed is Venoms and Muras. Allah is right on this. but I guess its a matter of personal oppinoin.
Kali Mist grows into tall, running, classically sativa plants with very few leaves. This strain produces dense clusters of full fluffy buds, producing much higher yields than you would expect.
dhoyne

Post by dhoyne »

Get Megas. Go old school. :)
Sarcasm is a tool the weak use to avoid confrontation. People with any balls just outright lie.

[quote="Meadows"]I try not to put it in my mouth now, but when I do, I hold it with just my lips.[/quote]
gymrat

Post by gymrat »

I've got 1 pair of the Venoms - re-soled once, 3(!) pairs of Katanas in different sizes - all re-soled at least once), and the Mythos. I kinda like La Sportiva shoes, if you couldn't tell...

The Katanas are my all-around shoes, good for everything, and I use the Mythos for trad, and the Venoms for bouldering (except at HP40, where the aggressive down-turn just doesn't help on slopers).

Also consider the Barracudas, which are the lace-up Katanas. Not as pretty as the Katana, but they have the upper-toe rubber for toe hooking. I thought that it wouldn't be useful when I bought my Venoms, but I was totally wrong!

As far as sizing goes, they size down a lot. My street size is a 10.5 (don't know what that is in Eur. sizes - 43?), and I have the Katanas in size 41, 40.5, and 39. The 40.5 is best for me. The Venoms are in size 40, and they stretched a lot! No experience with the Miuras, but everyone I know that has them say that Miuras are awesome.
ReachHigh

Post by ReachHigh »

I have a pair of sportiva cliffs. they streteched alot and make great house shoes now. Perfect shoes for when you standing around, spotting or belaying.
"there's a line between self improvement and self involvement"
"Dogs are nature's pooper scoopers ."
Sco Bro

Post by Sco Bro »

Mythos rule.

I've had friends try to get me to try other shoes, but no one has ever shown me a route/problem that I couldn't do because of my shoes. Now not being able to do a climb because of my finger strength, endurance, balance, concentration, fear . . . well that's a different story.
longlegsrule

Post by longlegsrule »

Sco Bro wrote:Mythos rule.

I've had friends try to get me to try other shoes, but no one has ever shown me a route/problem that I couldn't do because of my shoes. Now not being able to do a climb because of my finger strength, endurance, balance, concentration, fear . . . well that's a different story.
how in the world could you ever know if other shoes would help or hurt unless you really tried them?

my first pair of shoes were mythos i thought they were the bomb shizzy...until a friend convinced me to get a pair of moccasyms...OMG!!! I actually started cilmbing after I put these on...now I think the mocs are the shizzy...but they're getting a hole...so i had to get a new pair of shoes...
i got a new pair of mocs and i got the zealots from montrail...and even though I don't necessarily think the zealots are the best shoe for me...they have improved my climbing...

you will never know until you really try...how much it improves your
finger strength, endurance, balance, concentration, fear
mythos for tard climbing is different... :roll:
From Kentucky ;o)
busty

Post by busty »

Just bought a pair of Katana's this morning in Nashville. Hopefully, I 'll get to christen them tomorrow.
I'm an experienced woman; I've been around... well, alright, I might not've been around, but I've been... nearby.
~ Mary Richards (Mary Tyler Moore Show)
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I have a pair of Katana's that have seen 4+ resoles, I have lost count, and they still are great shoes. I also just recieved a pair of Baracuda's that I won, but haven't climbed in them yet, but they look like they will be a great shoe. Sportiva makes good shoes that seem to hold up very well. Go with the Katana's.
Living the dream
cowboy

Post by cowboy »

I'm surprised how many people here are wearing La Sportiva. Fit is very important, but their rubber can't hold a flame to 5.10's stealth rubber. I've heard that most of La Sportiva's sponsored athletes have their shoes resoled in Stealth. My .02$
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I actually like Sportiva rubber alot. I think on plastic that it doesn't stick as good but on rock I think its about the same, and thats what counts.
Living the dream