Spencer's Film (Red River Ruckus)

Innocent subjects that took a turn for the worst.
captain static

Post by captain static »

Hey Lurk,

I sent you a PM about the video but for some reason it's hanging in my outbox? If you haven't gotten it, try to PM me.

Static
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
squeezindlemmon

Post by squeezindlemmon »

Captain--
I think it will stay in your inbox until Lurk opens it. Then they get switched over to Sentbox (Isn't that right? I thought that's one way to tell if the recipient read the pm or not).
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our mind. ~Bob Marley
captain static

Post by captain static »

Yeah, I know. He has logged on since I sent the PM and I'm just prodding him to open it up.
"Be responsible for your actions and sensitive to the concerns of other visitors and land managers. ... Your reward is the opportunity to climb in one of the most beautiful areas in this part of the country." John H. Bronaugh
JB

Post by JB »

i would listen to arguements of "it's bad and hurts our access" if the same people making this point also complained about other videos hurting access in other areas. I have a hard time paying attention to locals who only get riled up by local issues. I commend thinking on the local level first, but it just sounds like more local "stay away from my crag" spew.
[size=75]i may be weak, but i have bad technique[/size]
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

this is so goddamn gay. show it in the film spencer. show every second of it. i'd much rather see that instead of someone sending some .13. you're not going to get the motherlode shut down. the only thing that's going to happen is that certain people will bitch and moan and tell you that you're the antichrist of rock climbing...it happened with the bouldering guidebook, it happened with the online guidebook. and now, years past those incidents, what's happened? absolutely nothing.

the thing that really pisses me off about the red, is that a certain group of people think they own climbing and that they have a responsibility to make sure individuals act as they act. this is bullshit. if anyone ever fucking tells me to do or not to do something i'll knock their fuckin teeth out.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
SCGC

Post by SCGC »

Oh..interesting....Shut up Horatio couldn't get felacio, you are an idot. Now what you coming south to kick in my teeth..front door is open
charlie

Post by charlie »

Horatio Felacio wrote:....the thing that really pisses me off about the red, is that a certain group of people think they own climbing and that they have a responsibility to make sure individuals act as they act. this is bullshit.
Thank god for a little insight. 4 freaking pages about one backflip?

/not interested
rockstar

Post by rockstar »

*legally sensitive restricted material*

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by rockstar on Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuck the haters
Horatio Felacio

Post by Horatio Felacio »

all i'm saying is that i will do whatever i want within the very few morals i have. if someone suggests i not do something, fine. if someone tells me to not to do something, they can go to hell. i think that any free-thinking individual should do the same, including spencer. it should be up to him to put a backflip in a video.

hmmm...what about all the dan osman stunts? did yosemite get shut down?

rot in hell scgc. thanks for the name and address too. i'll be sure to swing by your house somewhere south of lexington.
Yo HO!! Just got me a code red and some funyons big dawg!!! SHIT YEAH! - Ray, excited about his breakfast
SCGC

Post by SCGC »

Doors always open for a little visit with you.
Hell is just fine by me..I like it toasty.

I think the arguement would be made that today is a new era when it comes down to what people can get away with. Things tend to stack up over time and eventually the flood gates do give....

Until then guess I'll practice my backflip...