Yasmeen: Post editing bitch, or just emotionally insecure?

Discussions full of RAGE!

Post by Guest »

thanks marathonmedic.

For the record, Yasmeen is neither a bitch nor emotionally insecure. She PM'd Wes after she edited his post. She acted within the guidelines I have set for the moderators, one of which is that we do not have to err on the side of caution when we (the moderators) are the subject of attacks or otherwise inappropriate posts. We have, in the past, taken a lot of shit from members of this forum and, because we are moderators, not edited things for ourselves that we would have done for other users. For the record (again), Wes never edited anything negative that was posted about him, but that doesn't mean the rest of us have to tolerate absolutely anything and everything. I've made that mistake when I have been personally attacked--I left those posts as they were--when, for anyone else, I would have deleted/edited without hesitation. I recently made it very clear that the people who help keep this forum running do not have to bend over and take it up the proverbial ass.

I did not see the original post, but from what I understand it was over the top. Someone other than Yasmeen told me this, by the way. Wes, this isn't b.com, and Yasmeen is your friend. While you may not agree that the post was inappropriate, as is your prerogative, Yasmeen is a moderator and gets to make that call. Even when the post is about her. As her friend, I would think you would regret upsetting her and, even though you were mad at her, you might want to work it out privately. Again, that's your prerogative.

I didn't want to get involved in this, but here I am...

I just want to make it clear to the users of this forum that Yasmeen did not abuse her power. Had she edited the post and not sent Wes a PM, that would have been entirely different. We all have to make judgement calls, just as Wes made a judgement call in posting what he did originally and in starting this thread.

So now that my official statement is finished, I just want to say how much I think this whole thing sucks. :cry:
ynot

Post by ynot »

Dang! My computer crashed and my sex life went with it! now this.I really hate mondays.
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

tomdarch....preaching to the choir, I know.
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
CincySam

Post by CincySam »

Man, now JB's gonna shut the site down...
Wes

Post by Wes »

CincySam wrote:Man, now JB's gonna shut the site down...
Man, it was so not my fault that I got drunk and gave Ho and Richard my mod password. Saki and sushi just took away my judgement. Again.

Wes
andy_lemon

Post by andy_lemon »

I think you all should step back and remember... friends are friends, posts are posts, but when you start screwing around with the "edit" button you are acting as a moderator/admitin and even jokes have repercusions. Think before you act, and excersise a bit more professionalism. Then before you hit submit, remember that you are fucking with Ray's site.
Not a bitch.
pigsteak

Post by pigsteak »

"Think before you act, and excersise a bit more professionalism."???????

Where in the world did that come from? This site is hardly the place people arrive to act professional. Like I have always beleived, if you don't like something on here, go dtart your own website. Won't happen, because 90% of the posters on here are too lazy to be that entrepreneurial.

Let the two ladies Wes and Yas hash it out...it is a blood fight to the death. Oh wait...Yas has quit her internet addiction, so maybe Wes will have to fight with one typing finger tied behind his back...
Positive vibes brah...positive vibes.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

I don't know Piggie, it seems people here grew up a little since the "Pigsteak Sucks" days.
Meadows

Post by Meadows »

Okay, this thread isn't a good example ...
SCGC

Post by SCGC »

All I can say is... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: