thought i had been to the zoo

Having problems finding a crag or a route?
captain static

thought i had been to the zoo

Post by captain static »

Went to the Zoo for what turned out to be the first time yesterday. I thought I had been there when I first started sport climbing. The arch there is cool & I surely would have remembered that. After thinking about it & looking through the guidebook I finally figure out that early sport climbing trip was to the now closed Pulpit area. Of course it all could be explained by the fact that I experienced the 60's :D
Steve

Post by Steve »

Ahh Captn Static is having a senior hippie moment. The Zoo is a grat anit-scene as compared to its neighbor across the road.
I see they are still lopping off mountains in Eastern Kentucky. Electricity isn't cheap.
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

Capt'ns back!!!
Just genuinely disengenuous.
ynot

Post by ynot »

grat anit?
"Everyone should have a plan for the zombie apocolipse" Courtney
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

Man, did you ever hear the story about that dude who bolted some of those lines up there at the Pulpit?
Messed up man.
merrick

Post by merrick »

well if you are going to say that you better tell the story....
captain static

Post by captain static »

If you want to hear a good senior hippie story i'll have to tell you about the flashback I get every time I stop at the Stanton exit some night around the fire @ Miguel's.
SCIN

Post by SCIN »

The dude was on that ledge at The Pulpit drilling the .12 route.
He slipped and fell about fifty feet onto the pile of huge boulders at the base. His feet got caught and he slammed forward onto his face.

Apparently he got pretty disfigured and his feet pretty much snapped off. I think John mentions something about it in one of the route descriptions.
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

:shock: :shock: Can we say OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just genuinely disengenuous.
merrick

Post by merrick »

that is sickening. geezer's guide refer's to The Pharmacist 5.11c as Jeff Hughes tragic project. must be that. what a shame.